- Silicon Valley, CA, United States
- Apache Spark
Intellimize is redefining how people think about personalization and optimization. The company was founded in 2016 by an experienced ad tech marketer and two experienced machine learning experts who had previously worked at Yahoo, Twitter, and BrightRoll. We’re backed by leading early-stage investors including Amplify Partners, Homebrew, and Precursor Ventures. Intellimize intelligently optimizes websites for revenue driven leaders. Our machine learning automatically personalizes the buyer’s path to drive more web conversions. On average, our customers achieve 46% lift. We work with great companies like Drift, Looker, Unilever, Sumo Logic, Tableau, Emburse, and many more.
We believe everything we do flows from two things: making our customers wildly successful and having this be the best professional experience of our lives. This company is based on our customers achieving their goals, getting promoted, and getting up on stage saying great things about our work together.
Since the COVID-19 pandemic, the team has been working fully remotely. While we plan to move back into a San Mateo office once it is safe to do so, the engineering team will continue to embrace a remote-first culture and workflow. We welcome candidates from anywhere in the US or Canada. Our core working hours are centered around the Pacific time zone.
A few more things about us
Intellimize optimizes websites to generate more revenue. We use machine learning to automatically optimize each buyer’s path to drive more web conversions. Our unique solution enables experimentation and personalization at an unparalleled scale, and it replaces traditional approaches to optimization such as A/B testing and rules-based personalization. These methods are too slow, require daily attention, and don’t automatically adapt to changes in behavior over time.
- We are entrepreneurs with deep experience in paid digital media and personalization.
- Our team has experience building massive-scale personalized recommendation systems and machine learning infrastructure at Yahoo, Google, and Quora.
- We move fast. We are data-driven. We get things done.
- Our customers are true north.
- We believe in the importance of work/life balance to do your very best work.
About this role
The core responsibilities of this position are:
- People management for a growing engineering team: hiring, career development, performance management, and regular 1:1s and team meetings
- Technical leadership for your team’s area of responsibility (both system design and hands-on coding)
- Ownership of your team’s technical roadmap and execution
- Managing your team’s relationships with other engineering and cross-functional teams
Engineering management and leadership:
- You have 1+ years of experience managing a software engineering team, including managing senior+ level engineers
- You’ve hired great engineers
- You have superb communication skills, especially in writing
- You give and receive candid feedback, always assuming positive intent
- You have experience running projects scoped to several months and several engineers
- You care deeply about and can support your team in delivering high quality code and reliable systems
- You’re a multiplier: your instinct is to make everyone around you more productive
- You’re great at self teaching and teaching others
- You want to work in a startup atmosphere: you adapt quickly, iterate fast, and you communicate clearly, directly, and frequently
- You prefer a “light touch” (but not hands off) approach to project management
- You have 5+ years of experience in back-end software engineering and/or machine learning
- You have a degree in CS, math, or another highly quantitative field, or you have equivalent experience
- You understand theory, and you’re also a builder
- You've built and maintained service oriented architectures or microservices
- You have excellent skills with a general purpose programming language such as Java or C++ (including object oriented design and concurrency)
- You have experience with scripting in a language such as Python
- You're familiar with (or have built) service oriented architectures or microservices
- You have experience with relational and non-relational databases
- You have experience with web-facing services
We’d also love it if you have experience with any of the following:
- REST APIs
- Data engineering
- Low latency services
- System architecture (working across and defining system boundaries)
- Machine learning at scale
- Web security
- You’ll support and grow a high performing engineering team
- You get to work on cutting edge, novel ML systems
- You’ll receive mentorship and support from an experienced leadership team
- You’ll be expected to have a big impact; your growth opportunities will be correspondingly large
- You get to work with an experienced, positive team and help shape the DNA of the company
- You’ll get competitive salary, equity, and benefits (health, dental, vision, 401k)
Intellimize intelligently optimizes each buyer’s path to drive more revenue, more customers, and more leads from websites. Our unique machine learning based solution enables experimentation and personalization at an unparalleled scale, and it replaces traditional approaches to optimization such as A/B testing and rules-based personalization.
We move fast. We are data-driven. We get things done. We believe in the philosophy of “customers as true north”. We believe in the importance of work/life balance to do your very best work. We love hanging out and geeking out with each other.
- Apache Spark
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.