- San Francisco
- Ruby on Rails
- Elastic Search
What's the opportunity? 🤔
At Intercom, the Analytics & Data Science team partners with every function in the organization in order to help teams make data-informed decisions and take data-informed actions. We're highly quantitative individuals who love to turn data into insights and communicate our findings fearlessly, and we're looking for people with a similar mindset who are constantly curious, driven to understand our business better, and committed to creating value. In this role, you will partner with go-to-market teams across Intercom (including Sales, Marketing, Finance, and R&D) to measure new initiatives and make data-driven recommendations around go-to-market strategy. In addition to being strong analytically, we’re looking for someone who has experience proactively surfacing recommendations and insights, who's comfortable prioritizing work across multiple stakeholders, and who can work across the analytics and data stack in order to solve problems. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you! To give you a sense of some specific projects you might work on, here are a few of our recent workstreams: monitoring changes in the health of the new business funnel, understanding how users respond to new pricing, analyzing the customer signup experience, measuring the performance of paid advertising campaigns, prioritizing the leads our sales team should reach out to, and many more.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Evaluating the performance of our go-to-market strategy by analyzing customer funnels and metrics (CAC, LTV, churn, etc.)
- Monitoring the state of the business on a regular basis and generating data-driven hypotheses and action items in order drive business impact
- Partnering with other go-to-market teams at Intercom to help them better understand their functional areas, increase familiarity with and use of our data, and set a high bar for analytics across the organization
- Building data science models to accelerate the business by providing deeper insights into prospect and customer behaviors
- Creating dashboards that allow internal consumers to gain insight into the performance of their functional areas
- Constructing reusable data pipelines for company-wide use
What skills do I need? 📖
- 4+ years of work experience in analytics/data science or a directly related field – some of which should be in a technology environment
- A proven track record of initiating and delivering actionable analyses/recommendations in order to drive business impact
- An understanding of SaaS business models and key metrics
- Some experience building data science models to provide deeper insights
- Excellent communication skills (technical and non-technical) and comfort working with high-level stakeholders
- Ability to work autonomously in a dynamic environment
- Excellent SQL skills, fluency with BI/visualization tools, and deep knowledge of Excel, R, Python, or other analysis tools
- Strong critical reasoning skills, including understanding of common pitfalls of data analysis
The way businesses talk to people online today is broken. Intercom is fixing it.
Intercom is the first to bring messaging products for sales, marketing & customer service to one platform, helping businesses avoid the stiff, spammy status quo and have real conversations that build real connections. Designed to feel like the messaging apps you use every day, Intercom lets you talk to consumers almost anywhere: inside your app, on your website, across social media and via email.
Today more than 30,000 businesses use our product to connect with a billion people worldwide. We have over 600 employees between our San Francisco headquarters, Chicago and Sydney support offices, and Dublin and London R&D office. In March of 2018 we closed our Series D and raised $125M bringing our valuation to $1.275B. Mary Meeker from Kleiner Perkins led that round and joined our board as an observer. To date, Intercom has raised $241M in funding.
Our culture is open and friendly and inclusive - and this is something we are proud of. 🙌
We are optimistic, passionate and positive. We like people who can stay focused and work hard and who are confident, yet kind and humble. We like to experiment, sometimes inventing things for the first time, but we stay pragmatic, starting small and simple in everything we do. We love people who genuinely want to learn and grow and take bets on high potential engineers on rapid trajectories. We’re opinionated by default, for example we run LESS software and ship continuously. We’re technically conservative and like to keep it simple, but where it means building better products we’ll double down on new technology like machine learning in a pragmatic way.
- Ruby on Rails
- Elastic Search
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.