Senior Software Engineer, Customer Experience Engineering
- East Bay, CA, United States
- Los Angeles, CA, United States
- New York, NY, United States
- Seattle, WA, United States
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Silicon Valley, CA, United States
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry by making genetic testing affordable and accessible for everyone to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
This is a senior engineering role in our Customer Experience Engineering team, which develops user applications for our patient and clinician customers, as well as internal operations users. As a Senior Software Engineer, you are encouraged to own and deliver projects with multiple collaborators, identify novel solutions to open-ended and ambiguous problems, and work across teams and subject areas to deliver software features that drive measurable business outcomes with a well-planned technical roadmap and timely execution. You will develop the abilities of less experienced team members by demonstrating sound technical decision-making, generative teamwork and communication skills, and software development practices that improve the team and organization.
You will be working on high profile projects that are in flight, with the expectation that you will quickly absorb platform architecture and application layers. You will work closely with other senior engineers on these projects, with close collaboration and support from our AI & Data Technology team to use innovative tools for decision support, machine learning, and collaborative AI interfaces. Your ability to implement enterprise software patterns and quality with autonomy within the context of this team is critical.
What you’ll do:
- Design and implement software components, systems, and features for major in-flight initiatives
- Work with product and design teams to ensure user-centric development
- Handle individual project priorities, deadlines, and work aligned with the Customer Experience Platform’s roadmap
- Participate in on-call rotations
- Understand customer requirements and translate those into reliable and scalable system designs
- Help level up the team through mentorship and training on design techniques and coding standards
- Raise the technical bar for how we develop complex, scalable, and reliable systems
- Build clarity out of ambiguous and complex problems
- Advocate for engineering excellence and communicate the benefits of standard methodologies to the team
What you bring:
- Proven ability to design and deliver complex and maintainable software systems and features
- Ability to communicate how engineering system design relates to company outcomes
- Experience balancing operations, maintenance, and new projects in a pragmatic way
- Deep technical knowledge around web application architectures, protocols, APIs, and developer tools
- Proven experience working with distributed, highly available systems
- Proficiency in a technical stack from infrastructure to application code. We use AWS, Python / Kotlin / Typescript on Kubernetes
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills especially across distributed teams
By joining Invitae, you’ll work alongside some of the world’s experts in genetics and healthcare at the forefront of genetic medicine. We’ve created a culture that empowers our teams and our teammates to have the biggest impact and to explore their interests and capabilities. We prize freedom with accountability and offer significant flexibility, along with excellent benefits and competitive compensation in a fast-growing organization.
Please apply even if you don’t meet all of the “What you bring” requirements noted. It’s rare that someone checks every single item, it’s ok, we encourage you to apply anyways.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making genetic testing affordable and accessible for everyone to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
At Invitae, we view our work culture as both an important tool in achieving our goals and a true competitive advantage. Like most things in a rapidly growing company, culture at Invitae is a work in progress. We will continuously try some things that will work, and we will certainly try and abandon some things that don’t. Most importantly, we will constantly strive to maintain a differentiated culture and expect you to participate directly in doing so. We don’t claim to have all the answers, nor are we certain ‘how far is too far,’ but we do know this: great companies have strong cultures, and average companies have average cultures.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.