We’re looking for an engineer experienced in full stack development, infrastructure, and dev ops to help us continue to build out our Appflow product, a cloud based CI/CD platform for Cordova and Capacitor apps that empowers developers building apps in the Ionic ecosystem to easily build and deploy their applications.
The ideal developer has experience creating RESTful APIs, building modern frontend web applications using frameworks like React, and experience maintaining & deploying infrastructure on major cloud vendors. This is a truly full-stack role but candidates may lean more towards backend & infrastructure.
Ultimately, this position involves working with a wide variety of technologies to build and deploy our CI/CD platform such as, Fastlane (Ruby), Kubernetes, Python, React, and more.
Desired Skills and Personal Characteristics
• You have 5+ years experience as a developer building complex full stack applications and managing infrastructure. A CS degree and the knowledge of core concepts it provides are highly valued.
• You are passionate and deeply curious about software development. You’re also passionate about the software development community and helping other software developers achieve their professional goals.
• You are laser focused on the end-user while also keeping in mind what the business is working to achieve and how your work will support business objectives.
• You are someone who is constantly evaluating the newest technologies and thinking of ways to incorporate them into your work.
• You’re results oriented. You like creatively solving problems and using your knowledge and expertise to help people in a range of ways.
• Your personality fits and even enhances Ionic’s culture of humility, authenticity, continuous learning and improvement, transparency, communication and customer centricity.
• You’re not freaked out by the ambiguity common in a startup.
• You’re a self-starter.
• You’re a team player -- you put the interests of the team and the company above your own.
• You are open to the idea of working across the technology stack from front-end to back-end with a range of technologies, as opposed to wanting to focus on a specific area of engineering.
• Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and virtualization software like VMware
• Experience in Python is advantageous
• Experience building complex full stack applications
• Experience with Infrastructure as Code tools like Terraform is a plus
Can be remote, Ionic is currently a 100% remote workforce and was largely distributed prior to the pandemic (more than half the team did not work from the office). Our headquarters is located in Madison, WI.
Additional Notes: Applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
Who we are
Our software empowers developers and teams to build amazing mobile, web, and desktop applications.
In 2013 we launched Ionic Framework, an open source software project that made it possible for web developers to build fast, beautiful mobile apps for any platform, using the web tools and languages that they already know and love.
Since then, our platform has evolved far beyond our initial open source toolset. Ionic now offers a complete app development platform to help professional developers and teams build, secure, and deliver apps faster and more easily than ever before. Ionic’s open source and premium tools now power more than 15% of all apps in the app stores -- representing early-stage startups all the way up to major brands like GE, Target, and Amtrak. At the same time, our vibrant open source community now encompasses more than 5 million developers in 200 countries.
Every successful B2B product/company makes its users/customers look great in the eyes of their colleagues, bosses and end customers. That’s what we do and it’s how we’ve started building a rapidly growing commercial business on top of our OSS success. To keep doing that, we need your help.
We provide full-time employees with full benefits including medical, dental, and vision coverage with available coverage for spouses or domestic partners and children, stock options, 401(k), generous holiday and sick paid time off.
We build open source software to make app development accessible for every person and company in the world.
Incredibly passionate and talented team of continuous learners.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.