Ionic builds amazing open source and commercial software that empowers web developers all over the world to build beautiful cross-platform apps using web technologies that run on Android, iOS, and the web.
Our business is growing fast and we need talented engineers to keep the momentum going and build toward our vision of being the easiest and most productive way to build amazing apps.
Some of the top brands in the world like Burger King, Amtrak, GE, and more are building mission-critical apps on top of our platform, and we have big plans to build an even better app development platform with your help!
We’re looking for engineers experienced in iOS development to help us continue to build out Capacitor and the platform around it that empowers web developers all over the world to build amazing mobile apps using web technologies.
- Develop Capacitor core and plugins to build a seamless bridge between native and web.
- Reduce friction for developers building production-ready mobile apps.
- Work with the open-source community to curate Capacitor plugins.
- Integrate web-based components and APIs within a native app environment.
Desired Skills and Characteristics
- You enjoy interacting with open-source community members (developers) as well as enterprise customers in a professional manner and in general helping them get more out of our software through solid documentation and demos.
- You have substantive practical experience as a developer building complex native apps and/or web apps.
- You are a strong communicator and communicate effectively in writing.
- A CS degree and the knowledge of core concepts it provides are highly valued though not strictly required.
- You are passionate and deeply curious about software development. You’re also passionate about the software development community and helping other software developers achieve their professional goals.
- You are laser-focused on the end-user and simplicity.
- You are someone who is constantly evaluating the newest technologies and thinking of ways to incorporate them into your work.
- You’re results-oriented. You like creatively solving problems and using your knowledge and expertise to help people in a range of ways.
- Your talents enhance Ionic’s culture of humility, authenticity, continuous learning and improvement, transparency, communication, and customer-centricity.
- You are open to the idea of working across the technology stack from native app development to front-end web development with a range of technologies, as opposed to wanting to focus on a specific area of engineering.
- Experience building mobile apps on iOS and/or Android.
- Experience building rigorous platform testing with continuous integration (CI) tooling.
- We are open to a candidate with less web development experience but a stronger native app background and willingness to learn, as we believe great engineers should be able to work in any language for any platform.
Cordova, React Native, Ionic Framework, or hybrid app experience = big plus!
We build software that helps others build amazing mobile, web and desktop applications.
Since then, Ionic has been adopted by individuals and enterprises all over the world -- from early-stage startups to some of the world’s largest brands. Meanwhile, our platform has evolved far beyond our initial OSS toolset. Ionic now offers a complete app development platform that helps individuals and teams design, build, and deliver apps faster and more easily than ever before.
Every successful B2B product/company makes its users/customers look great in the eyes of their colleagues, bosses and end customers. That’s what we do and it’s how we’ve started building a rapidly growing commercial business on top of our OSS success. To keep doing that, we need your help.
We build open source software to make app development accessible for every person and company in the world.
Incredibly passionate and talented team of continuous learners.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.