This role will be working with the team responsible for creating and maintaining the Ionic Framework, an open source UI toolkit for building performant, high-quality mobile and desktop apps using web technologies. This role will involve collaboration with team members and team leads to develop new features and additions to the library, triage and fix bugs, and communicate and build a relationship with our large open source community.
Your areas of responsibility will include:
• Participate in design meetings for technical implementations
• Collaborate with engineers on the team to design and implement new features while reducing overall technical debt
• Triage issues from both enterprise customers and our community and work with team members to prioritize them appropriately
• Communicate and engage professionally with our community in order to strengthen the relationship
• Stay on top of emerging trends in technology and think about how they can be applied to our software
To be successful in this role, you will need:
• Passion for technology in general and frontend technologies specifically
• Experience working with React
• Bonus points for experience with Stencil, Angular, Vue
Can be remote, Ionic is currently a 100% remote workforce and was largely distributed prior to the pandemic (more than half the team did not work from the office). Our headquarters is located in Madison, WI.
Additional Notes: Applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
Who we are
Our software empowers developers and teams to build amazing mobile, web, and desktop applications.
In 2013 we launched Ionic Framework, an open source software project that made it possible for web developers to build fast, beautiful mobile apps for any platform, using the web tools and languages that they already know and love.
Since then, our platform has evolved far beyond our initial open source toolset. Ionic now offers a complete app development platform to help professional developers and teams build, secure, and deliver apps faster and more easily than ever before. Ionic’s open source and premium tools now power more than 15% of all apps in the app stores -- representing early-stage startups all the way up to major brands like GE, Target, and Amtrak. At the same time, our vibrant open source community now encompasses more than 5 million developers in 200 countries.
We provide full-time employees with full benefits including medical, dental, and vision coverage with available coverage for spouses or domestic partners and children, stock options, 401(k), generous holiday and sick paid time off.
We build open source software to make app development accessible for every person and company in the world.
Incredibly passionate and talented team of continuous learners.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.