- $160k - $200k
- 0.25% - 0.50%
- Ruby on Rails
About the team
✅ We are a 10 person distributed engineering team.
✅ We’ve built an inclusive, positive and forgiving culture.
✅ We are at an exciting stage of the company where we are working with Fortune 500 companies, tackling difficult engineering challenges at a rapidly growing scale.
✅ We love solving real problems and building something our users are raving about.
✅ We learn and iterate quickly.
✅ We keep each other challenged and strive for work/life balance as a team.
✅ We win and lose as a team.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced engineer to join our founding engineering team to help drive technical direction across many projects. You will be responsible for architecture and technology choices that balance scalability, stability, security and costs. You will be helping our engineering team with technical decisions, process improvements and building culture we are proud of for years to come.
- Collaborate with product management, operations and sales to scope and lead complex technical projects with enormous impact for our users.
- Scrutinize and reason clearly about the technology and architecture choices we make in building our product. Communicate your thoughts effectively with your peers multiple time zones away.
- Serve as a role model for how great software should be written: proposal, discussion, code, documentation.
- Arbitrate critical decisions correctly by fully considering software best practices, customer needs, team’s state, and numerous other stakeholders preferences and concerns.
- Own features from start to finish: test, development, deployment, and infrastructure.
- Never stop learning. You’ll be responsible for mentoring and learning through code review process, tech talks, and many ad hoc technical conversations.
- Use your judgment to decide what areas of the codebase to invest in, when to incur technical debt, when to move fast, and when to slow down.
- Wear many hats: help with scaling our engineering team, define engineering processes, understand the logistics business, and collaborate with other functions within ISO.
We get excited about candidates who have
- Strong technical background, including 8+ years of experience with system architecture and infrastructure. Being a Staff Engineer in the past is a huge plus.
- Experience as the technical lead for a team of engineers who can demonstrate broad technical leadership.
- Knowledge and experience with building and scaling cloud infrastructure.
- Real-world experience with PostgreSQL - debugging slow queries, identifying the culprits, and implementing improvements.
- Experience in the early-mid stages of a fast-growing company, where you had to grow with the company and iterate quickly.
Nice to Have:
- You have owned the technical roadmap for a product or business area.
- Logistics experience is a plus (but not at all a requirement).
About Isometric Technologies
Our mission is to redefine analytics, accountability, and visibility within the supply chain and logistics industry. The global supply chain accounts for roughly 10% of Global GDP, and is also one of the largest contributors to significant global challenges like air pollution and food waste. By changing how organizations work together across the supply chain, we will play a critical role in tackling these challenges head on.
Supply chain delays came front and center this last year during COVID, when products weren’t available on shelves and eCommerce delivery times shifted from days to weeks. We are helping large manufacturers (shippers) break down data silos across their supply chain and identify opportunities around how their supply chain performance can enhance the customer experience. The consumer demand for products at their fingertips isn’t going away, and we are at the forefront of helping supply chain leaders adapt to rising expectations and consequences.
Our co-founders previously started Uber's freight business prior to founding ISO, which is a pure SaaS platform. We hope you consider joining us!
Building a great team is the foundation for every other company goal we care about. We are a team of inclusive, mission-driven doers with experience building world-class product, engineering, operations, and sales & marketing teams. We hope you’ll join our growth story!
- Ruby on Rails
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.