- $170k - $200k
- 0.20% - 0.35%
- Ruby on Rails
About the team
✅ We are a 10 person distributed engineering team.
✅ We’ve built an inclusive, positive and forgiving culture.
✅ We are at an exciting stage of the company where we are working with Fortune 500 companies, tackling difficult engineering challenges at a rapidly growing scale.
✅ We love solving real problems and building something our users are raving about.
✅ We learn and iterate quickly.
✅ We keep each other challenged and strive for work/life balance as a team.
✅ We win and lose as a team.
About the role
We are looking for our first engineering manager to join our founding engineering team to have a large impact on our next phase of growth. You will be responsible for hiring and leading customer-focused, collaborative, and high-performing engineering teams. You will be playing a key role in shaping engineering leadership scope, values and culture for years to come.
- Build and lead a diverse and inclusive team of engineers working on core parts of our product. Work with engineers to help them accomplish their personal and professional goals.
- Wear many hats and improve everything - own initiatives, help develop technical practices, recruiting and onboarding strategy, planning and prioritization process, general documentation, and more.
- Collaborate with product management, customer success, operations and sales to scope, prioritize, sequence, and staff complex technical projects with enormous impact for our users.
- Uphold the high quality bar for everything engineering team ships, from contributing to a culture of technical excellence to helping the team test the feature they’ve developed.
- Understand and articulate the technology and architecture choices we make in building our product. Communicate your thoughts effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders, sometimes multiple time zones away.
- Serve as a role model for future engineers and engineering managers alike. We put a lot of value on our culture and the way we treat each other.
- Never stop learning. You’ll be responsible for mentoring and learning through 1:1s, code review process, tech talks, documentation and many ad hoc technical conversations.
We get excited about candidates who have
- Previous 2+ years of experience leading diverse and inclusive engineering teams.
- Experience creating team environments where engineers do their best work: collaborative, empowering, supportive, and challenging to name a few attributes.
- Deep background in product and technology development that allows you to ask the right questions of your team, balance product, tech, and people concerns, and make hard tradeoffs.
- High tolerance for ambiguity and change, especially around organizational structure and the boundaries of your role. Willingness to jump into whatever areas need attention and learning as-you-go.
- Experience leading teams in the early-mid stages of a fast-growing company, particularly those with periods of rapid growth.
Nice to Have
- You are still writing code from time to time, whether it’s for work or a side project.
- You have owned the technical roadmap for a product or business area.
- Logistics experience is a plus (but not at all a requirement).
About Isometric Technologies
Our mission is to redefine analytics, accountability, and visibility within the supply chain and logistics industry. The global supply chain accounts for roughly 10% of Global GDP, and is also one of the largest contributors to significant global challenges like air pollution and food waste. By changing how organizations work together across the supply chain, we will play a critical role in tackling these challenges head on.
Supply chain delays came front and center this last year during COVID, when products weren’t available on shelves and eCommerce delivery times shifted from days to weeks. We are helping large manufacturers (shippers) break down data silos across their supply chain and identify opportunities around how their supply chain performance can enhance the customer experience. The consumer demand for products at their fingertips isn’t going away, and we are at the forefront of helping supply chain leaders adapt to rising expectations and consequences.
Our co-founders previously started Uber's freight business prior to founding ISO, which is a pure SaaS platform. We hope you consider joining us!
Building a great team is the foundation for every other company goal we care about. We are a team of inclusive, mission-driven doers with experience building world-class product, engineering, operations, and sales & marketing teams. We hope you’ll join our growth story!
- Ruby on Rails
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.