- New York, NY, United States
- $90k - $125k
- 0.1% - 0.5%
- Ruby on Rails
Joinery is looking for talented, high-performing engineers who are obsessed with building delightful product experiences and proud to be making an impact.
As our Front-End developer, you will be working directly with Joinery’s CTO and lead designer to rapidly test and iterate over new features of our web-app. We take a collaborative approach to implementation, welcome feedback, and expect you to be our thought-partner.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Working closely with CTO and lead graphic designer to build new products, features, and services for our platform, while improving existing ones
- Proactively sharing your thoughts on implementation trade-offs (e.g., implementing X is likely to take Y days longer than Z)
- Bringing positive energy, creativity, and empathy to the workplace; we are a small team and look forward to welcoming you into the Joinery family.
- Strong knowledge of CSS
- Proficiency with React
- Experience with front-end testing frameworks/strategies
- Familiarity with one or more back-end frameworks (Meteor, Rails, etc)
- Experience with Docker
Joinery is reinventing the leasing experience to be more human and fair. Joinery connects renters directly to share their homes and life stories, while making extra money.
Our vision is remarkably intuitive.
We are incentivizing outgoing renters (people who are leaving their apartment) to find the next qualified tenant to sign a lease.
If they are successful, they make money.
We’ve built a marketplace that does just this: connects apartment seekers with outgoing tenants.
Now why is this useful? It’s basically a win-win-win:
- Outgoing tenants make money
- Incoming tenants save money
- And, Joinery lowers landlords’ vacancy rates
We have a tight-knit, collegial atmosphere that is built on radical transparency. All team members are valued as thought-partners in the direction of the business. We strictly follow ethical business practices and respect the rights and wishes of our clients. We want our work environment to be as fun and informal as possible.
- Ruby on Rails
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.