- New York
- $100k - $150k
- 0.1% - 0.3%
- Ruby on Rails
At Journy, we’re on a mission to help travelers realize their travel dreams and explore across cultures and borders more deeply, meaningfully, and authentically. Our service pairs travelers with their own personal trip designer to plan their dream trip. Each week, we help more travelers than a typical luxury travel agency helps in a year. Because of our focus on travel, Journy has flexible work-from-home and work-while-traveling policies.
As a Front-End Engineer at Journy, you'll lead our front-end architecture, work closely with product and design to prototype, test, and launch beautiful user experiences for mobile and web users, and own entire projects from start to finish.
- Work with product leads, engineers, designers, and business analysts, and operations team to develop products and features across all aspects of our business
- Partner with designers to turn wireframes and visual designs into prototypes for testing, participating across the full product lifecycle from research to release
- Develop and optimize front-end UI, ensuring web applications are rendered consistently across browser environments and optimized for mobile
- Create front-end code templates using React
- Write clean, scalable, reusable, quality code
- You’re passionate about building the future of travel planning and excited to contribute to product and design decisions
- You prioritize customer needs over technical feasibility
- You have experience developing complex, interactive web experiences with intricate UIs, and are able to weigh pros and cons of different approaches based on personal experience
- You’re able to iterate rapidly and break a large problem into manageable components.
- You’re comfortable with continuous integration and test driven development
- You care about writing maintainable and clean code, architected for scalability and re-use
- You’re a harder worker who cares about building something truly great
- Strong CS background (BS in CS or equivalent)
- Strong knowledge of React — familiarity with GatsbyJS a plus
- Experience interacting with REST APIs
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through launch
- Ability to quickly assess scope of projects / give t-shirt size estimates
- Strong appreciation for Smart UIs and design
- Passion for expanding your skills, experimenting, learning new tools
- Experienced and skilled communicator and listener: able to communicate with users, project management, designers, and other technical teams
- iOS development knowledge is a plus
- Ruby on Rails knowledge a plus
For in-depth information on Journy, the problem we’re solving, the market we’re in, and how we like to work, please visit this link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GE0x_vhd9vbyReFuuedY_sok-I5Dn_nYBa1K-b5gBd4/edit?usp=sharing. Yes, we know this document is long. Joining an early-stage startup is a big commitment and we want to give you as much information on us as possible.
Benefits of working at Journy:
- Competitive compensation (salary and equity)
- Full benefits including healthcare, dental, and vision
- Monthly stipend for travel and trying new restaurants
- Flexible work-from-home, work-while-traveling policies
- Employees working out of our NYC office are provided with an adjusting standing desk, ergonomic Herman Miller chair
We're a travel planning service that pairs travelers 1-on-1 with a personal trip designer to plan custom trips including hotel, activities, restaurants, cafes, shopping, and more. We use automation to make our trip designers more efficient, allowing us to offer our planning services for a flat rate of $25-$50 per day of a person's trip.
Please see the
Our culture section of this Google Doc, which also includes detailed information on our company and the market we're in: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GE0x_vhd9vbyReFuuedY_sok-I5Dn_nYBa1K-b5gBd4/edit?usp=sharing
- Ruby on Rails
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.