JW Player's mission is to provide reliable, enterprise-level video solutions to publishers of all sizes. Today, the company's products are the most widely distributed mobile and web video solutions in the world. Over 2 million sites are live with JW Player, and each month, 6 billion streams are watched by 700 million people across 120 countries.
Media companies including Fox, VICE, Business Insider, and Univision, in addition to hundreds of thousands of creators rely on JW Player to deliver and monetize their content across all devices.
Why join us?
You have the opportunity to be responsible for high scale systems that do thousands of requests per second.
We have an amazing and standardized tech stack including our own Kubernetes based deployment system. See our Kubernetes meetup: https://jwp.io/s/re2BWu3t.
We care a lot of every individual's career growth and offer many avenues to be mentored and learn.
We are already profitable.
We value work and life balance and care a lot about our culture and values.
Engineering at JW Player
Teams that work on shipped product like our player and SDKs are on bi-weekly sprint cycles. Backend teams that mostly operate via CI/CD employ Kanban.
- We're building machine learning systems that need to handle thousands of requests per second.
- We process tens of thousands of video per day.
- We handle millions of events per minute.
Open sourcing a streaming left join tool for data change capture: https://medium.com/jw-player-engineering/southpaw-176aea5f4583
A page scraper using Apache Flink: https://boards.greenhouse.io/jwplayer/jobs/1654228
A mobile SDK to simplify our customers' platform development
Working at JW Player
We value people with an ownership mentality who like growing other people and taking initiative to make our products and customers successful.
* Ownership mentality: Teams own their services end to end
* DevOps mindset: Every engineer must consider security, scalability, observability and reliability
* Customer first: We build with the customer experience in mind
* Developer-centric: API-first design philosophy; developer docs, 6 API clients (PHP, Python, Java, Node, Ruby, Go); meetups (RE[FRAME], Video Tech NYC)
* Bi-annual Hackweeks: focused on innovation; collaboration with S&M
* Diversity & Inclusion: D&I committee meets bi-weekly; Women in Technology meetup and mentorship program
JW Player has engineering offices in NYC and the Netherlands
We have unlimited PTO days
We're located on 33rd and Park
We encourage engineers to do workshops and conferences. We have an education budget for it.
Work from Home
We let engineers work from home when they need to.
We provide full medical and dental coverage.
We don't have hard rules when people should come in. Generally engineers are in the office between 9am and 6pm ET.
We provide tax credit benefits for commute to work.
Corporate rates with NYSC and annual reimbursements.
P&E All Hands, Board Game Night, Karaoke, Potluck, Beverage Cart (someone volunteers to make interesting drinks)
Women In Technology meetup: https://www.meetup.com/JW-Inspire-Women-in-Tech/
Interested in this company?
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.