- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Ruby on Rails
Our mission is to give every patient a guide in the healthcare system. Karuna's software allows patients to stay in touch with their care teams using the same channels they use with friends and family: from Whatsapp and text messaging to voice calls and video. To handle the increased volume and quality of interactions, our automation tools help care teams prioritize, measure their performance, and cut through back office work so that they can focus on doing what they do best: building authentic relationships with the patients who need them most.
Our focus today is on care management, a niche part of the healthcare ecosystem dedicated to serving the most vulnerable and sickest members of our communities. In the future, we will enable healthcare organizations to build deeper, more impactful relationships with every patient, while also helping them expand the scope and accessibility of their services for all.
As a frontend engineer at Karuna, you will work closely with our engineering and product teams and take responsibility for bringing Karuna's vision to life.
- Take responsibility for making Karuna’s vision tangible. You own everything our users touch.
- Rapidly prototype new features, measure impact, and collaborate with product manager / CEO to update our roadmap.
- Take us from demo to production level code.
- 3+ years of frontend engineering experience.
- Of these 3+ years, 1+ should have been spent working with React
- You don’t need to be given mocks to build a usable, beautiful interface.
- Ability to wireframe and prototype.
- ES2015+ experience
- Experience with a modern front-end build pipeline, e.g. webpack/npm/babel/etc.
- Strong HTML5 and CSS3 experience
- Static asset management experience
Skills We'd Like to See
- Experience with large scale, high-volume, production-quality messaging architecture.
- 1+ years experience at an early-stage startup.
- Demonstrated passion for healthcare and social impact.
- Academic background in computer science (BA/BS or MS/PhD) or equivalent experience.
- Comfortable working without a designer.
Who You Are
- Have passion and drive for frontend engineering. This is your craft.
- Actively choose progress over perfection.
- Possess a strong bias towards getting it done. You take initiative and don’t need to wait for permission.
- Deeply mission driven and motivated by empowering patients when they feel helpless, anonymous, and alone.
- Comfortable with, embrace, and thrive in uncertainty.
- Scrappy and able to build meaningful products with limited resources.
Why You Should Join Us
- We've just closed another round of funding and are read to start scaling. You'll be on the ground floor.
- Have the autonomy to build something with a brilliant and enthusiastically supportive team.
- Learn best practices from world class investors and advisors including First Round Capital, Founder Collective, Slow Ventures, and Lerer Hippeau.
Karuna Health is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture and celebrate authenticity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
About Karuna Health
Our mission is to build deeper relationships between patients and the healthcare system. Karuna’s Message Orchestration infrastructure allows business units to initiate outreach independently while acting as “air traffic control”—automatically prioritizing and consolidating communication across existing channels and platforms. Members receive the right information at the right time on the right channels. Administrators receive enterprise-wide analytics on every touchpoint.
Our company values exemplify our culture. We're committed to making sure our impact on patients is positive and measurable, investing in each other’s growth, both professionally and personally, braving uncertainty, and providing space to make and learn from our mistakes, transparency in our relationships with each other, our customers, and our investors, keeping patient privacy and security top of mind, and building a culture that combines collaboration and ownership.
We do everything we can to live up to these values every day. For example, we end every standup and all-hands with company-wide gratitudes and shout-outs, the entire company knows how much runway and revenue we have, along with sales projections, and team members are given a ton of freedom and ownership - two of our full-stack developers took the initiative to rebuild both our mobile and web applications from the ground up—from design through QA and release.
- Ruby on Rails
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.