- San Francisco
- Ruby on Rails
Our mission is to give every patient a guide in the healthcare system. Karuna's software allows patients to stay in touch with their care teams using the same channels they use with friends and family: from Whatsapp and text messaging to voice calls and video. To handle the increased volume and quality of interactions, our automation tools help care teams prioritize, measure their performance, and cut through back office work so that they can focus on doing what they do best: building authentic relationships with the patients who need them most.
Our focus today is on care management, a niche part of the healthcare ecosystem dedicated to serving the most vulnerable and sickest members of our communities. In the future, we will enable healthcare organizations to build deeper, more impactful relationships with every patient, while also helping them expand the scope and accessibility of their services for all.
As a frontend engineer at Karuna, you will work closely with our engineering and product teams and take responsibility for bringing Karuna's vision to life.
- Take responsibility for making Karuna’s vision tangible. You own everything our users touch.
- Rapidly prototype new features, measure impact, and collaborate with product manager / CEO to update our roadmap.
- Take us from demo to production level code.
- 3+ years of frontend engineering experience.
- Of these 3+ years, 1+ should have been spent working with React
- You don’t need to be given mocks to build a usable, beautiful interface.
- Ability to wireframe and prototype.
- ES2015+ experience
- Experience with a modern front-end build pipeline, e.g. webpack/npm/babel/etc.
- Strong HTML5 and CSS3 experience
- Static asset management experience
Skills We'd Like to See
- Experience with large scale, high-volume, production-quality messaging architecture.
- 1+ years experience at an early-stage startup.
- Demonstrated passion for healthcare and social impact.
- Academic background in computer science (BA/BS or MS/PhD) or equivalent experience.
- Comfortable working without a designer.
Who You Are
- Have passion and drive for frontend engineering. This is your craft.
- Actively choose progress over perfection.
- Possess a strong bias towards getting it done. You take initiative and don’t need to wait for permission.
- Deeply mission driven and motivated by empowering patients when they feel helpless, anonymous, and alone.
- Comfortable with, embrace, and thrive in uncertainty.
- Scrappy and able to build meaningful products with limited resources.
Why You Should Join Us
- We've just closed another round of funding and are read to start scaling. You'll be on the ground floor.
- Have the autonomy to build something with a brilliant and enthusiastically supportive team.
- Learn best practices from world class investors and advisors including First Round Capital, Founder Collective, Slow Ventures, and Lerer Hippeau.
Karuna Health is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture and celebrate authenticity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
About Karuna Health
Karuna's software empowers high-need patients to stay in touch with their care teams using the same channels they already use with friends and family: from Whatsapp and text messaging to voice calls and video. To handle the increased volume and quality of interactions, our automation tools help care teams prioritize, measure their performance, and cut through back office work so that they can focus on doing what they do best: building authentic relationships with the patients who need them most.
Karuna is a high-growth digital health company backed by early investors in Uber, Square, PillPack, Oscar Health, Flatiron Health, Cruise, and other startups that have redefined their industries. We work with some of the most influential community health organizations in the world and are scaling our user base ~30x over the next quarter.
We value a strong bias towards action. Good enough is better than perfect, and we always strive for forward progress. This applies to code quality, solution quality, and product quality. Our approach to healthcare is about making the largest impact on the greatest number of patients, and there is a ton of low hanging fruit in that space. The key is actually shipping usable, useful products, which is what we obsess over doing!
We also have a strong culture of being thoughtful about the future, and building flexible infrastructure which is extensible and future-proof.
- Ruby on Rails
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.