- San Francisco
Programmers spend too much time doing repetitive work — copying and pasting from StackOverflow, fixing simple errors, and writing boilerplate code. We're building an AI code engine that does this work for you. Programming using Kite is faster and more fun.
Kite is well-funded by top investors in Silicon Valley, including the founders of PayPal, Stripe, Palantir, and Dropbox to name a few. We are looking to expand our 15-person startup with talented individuals who are interested in joining an early stage startup. The ideal candidate is excited to help guide the direction of our product and company. They will have a significant amount of ownership of critical technical components. Our team is growing rapidly and we hope you'll grow with us too!
What You'll Do
- Wear many hats and work with multiple components in different parts of the stack
- Maintain and support existing architecture & components
- Turn technical requirements into a plan to execute, test and deliver on time
- Collaborate with the product team on improving the user experience of the Copilot, website and editor plugins
- Become an engineering leader as the team grows, if desired
- Write clean, maintainable code
- Design and code review
What You've Done:
- A track record of working in small teams to build new software from scratch
- Experience building complex software outside of frameworks or existing infrastructure
- Ability to learn and evaluate new technologies quickly
- Experience taking ownership of projects and delivering results
- Worked with multiple platforms (Windows, Linux, macOS)
Who you are:
- Experience building reliable and scalable systems (frontend & backend)
- Excited to work on a small, growing team in a startup environment
- Ability to work daily from our San Francisco office (wonderful office in the bustling Union Square area)
Kite.com uses machine learning to help programmers write better code faster, and as a result we hope to accelerate the pace of innovation in the world.
Our culture is based on mutual respect. There is palpable respect among colleagues as we work together to build a challenging product in a principled way. There is autonomy to think and be creative, as well as a culture of providing everyone with the resources to solve the problems they're working on. Decisions often feel communal and since we move/ship things quickly, we're able to clearly see the impact of our work. Our office is a focused and quiet environment with a good mix of collaboration and individual contribution.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.