- San Diego, CA, United States
We're looking for someone to ready to lead the dashboard and API development for a profitable, growing company that teaches tens of millions of kids how to code. You'll work directly with top-tier educators and developers from Harvard, Microsoft, Leapfrog, Teach For America, and more to build a product that teaches computer science to kids while actually being fun! The best part: this is a hands-on role. Less meetings, more coding! Sound exciting? Read on...
About the Role
Who we’re looking for:
- You have 5+ years web development experience in a production environment
- You care deeply about programming education
- You have contributed significantly to the release of a production-level application (preferably not a side-project, something with actual users)
- You have experience with REST APIs from both client and server sides
- You have experience writing performant SQL queries and managing a high-traffic database (preferably PostgreSQL)
Highly Preferable if:
- You have experience with Ruby
- You have experience working with a front-end framework in a production environment (AngularJS, React, Vue, etc)
- You have experience with Test-Driven Development
Bonus Points for:
- Experience with Sinatra, Sequel, Grape, or ActiveRecord
- Experience with background jobs and asynchronous architecture (Sidekiq even better!)
- You've worked with AWS Lambda and background jobs
- Letting us know why you want to work here! Our founders read every application (and they hate form letters..)
Kodable teaches kids to code before they can read! Built for ages 4-10, kids learn the ABCs of coding while practicing resilience, grit, and maintaining a growth mindset. Currently used in over 190 countries and more than 50% of US Elementary schools, we give kids everything they need to succeed in the 21st century.
The Kodable team is full of bright, ambitious people who are passionate about their jobs. Everyone at Kodable believes in what we're doing, and it shows in their work. You’ll join a product team with over 50 years of experience from places like Microsoft, Leapfrog, Harvard and Scientific Learning. Every member of the team has a voice in making Kodable great.
Kodable is remote-first but we have a strong culture offline as well with quarterly off-sites and a stylish office in sunny San Diego, CA. We have a tight-knit online culture with discussions of movies and tv, trivia challenges, and impromptu happy hours. We keep everyone in the loop with daily 15-minute status meetings and weekly demos. Everything is documented in Slack and Slab for later review.
Everyone that works at Kodable believes in our mission to make Computer Science education accessible to everyone.
We focus on the things that are of the highest value, rather than outliers and shiny objects. We work smarter, not harder.
We listen to our users, each other, and our instincts. We speak honestly and directly with each other, even when that conversation might be difficult or controversial. We have the courage to vocalize our concerns or question actions inconsistent with our values.
We persevere when face with adversity (and when you're at a startup there's a lot of it). We don't let challenges affect our attitude and we proactively adapt to new situations.
We are clever in the way we tackle problems. We're excited to look at what has been done in the past and find ways to do it better.
We strive to produce work that makes ourselves and our colleagues proud, not just
what we were required to do. We're self motivated and don't wait to be told what to do, or that that something could be better.
We are always striving to better ourselves, both professionally and personally. We're never afraid to learn and contribute outside of our area of expertise and we never stop learning.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.