- $110k - $130k
- 0.5% - 1.5%
- React Native
- AWS Lambda
Kudos is an AI personal trainer with a human coach in the loop for accountability. Our mission is to make millions of people healthier by democratizing access to high end fitness and nutrition coaching. We’re growing 40% month on month and have amazing unit economics because we drive better results for clients with minimal work from the coach.
We are looking for an amazing senior software engineer who can work independently and remotely to own large pieces of our product. This role will be responsible for leveraging the latest technology to further our mission while also helping to define company strategy and culture.
Our engineering team is fully distributed. We believe this is a huge advantage for our business and for our employees. It's consistent with our values of work/life balance, individual empowerment, and inclusivity. We have frequent mini-retreats (currently a few days a month) to collaborate and get to know each other better in fun, fitness oriented destinations.
You might work on:
- Harnessing our data to identify what drives positive behavior changes that make clients faster, stronger, healthier, and happier
- Supercharging our client-facing mobile app to provide clients with the information they need to massively improve their health, manage their nutrition, smash their personal records and visualize their progress
- Launching gamified social dashboards to enable clients to compete and collaborate with friends and family in all their fitness endeavors
- Building coach-facing tools that automate the busy work and empower them to drive incredible results with their clients
- Making architectural decisions that keep our systems scaling smoothly with the rapid growth of our business
- Building a fully remote team of talented engineers
We're looking for someone who has:
- 4+ years of experience as a full stack generalist
- Enthusiasm about working independently and pushing technical comfort zones
- Strong prioritization skills, both for projects/features and architecture decisions
- Experience collaborating with product and designers
- An interest in fitness and wellness and real world impact
- Strong front end and design skills
- Experience with machine learning
- Familiarity with React.js, React Native, GraphQL, Node.js
- DevOps experience, particularly in the AWS ecosystem
- Hiring experience
- Management experience
In addition, we are looking for an individual who shares our values:
- Drive incredible business success through incredible client success
- Work with humility, empathy & thoughtfulness
- Make decisions based on data
Kudos is a remote personal training and nutrition coaching service that combines an app, Twilio, and machine learning to enable our certified trainers to drive incredible results for clients with a few minutes of labor per month.
Our core thesis is that humans need human support & accountability to stick with difficult behavior change. Personal trainers can provide this push but are too expensive and inconvenient for the vast majority of people. We bring elite level personal training and nutrition coaching to clients when and where they want, at a price they can actually afford.
Our mission is to make millions of people healthier by democratizing access to expert training, and we're scaling toward that goal. We grew 3x between December 2018 and January 2019, have amazing unit economics, unheard-of monthly retention of 95%, extremely happy clients paying $1,140/ year, and an amazing team of remote coaches.
First and foremost we are mission-driven. We want to build an incredible multi-billion dollar company by actually creating incredible value for our clients and making a major dent in the obesity epidemic. Beyond that, we are focused on transparency, clear communication, moving fast and being data driven.
- React Native
- AWS Lambda
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.