Group Manager, Product Experiences
- Los Angeles, CA, United States
- New York, NY, United States
- Seattle, WA, United States
- Silicon Valley, CA, United States
The Group Manager Engineering, Product Experiences will be responsible for leading a talented team of software engineers who are responsible for designing and implementing websites and amazing user experiences that have scale and speed. This role requires the ability to balance between people management, leadership, and technical responsibilities. This position will collaborate with senior product, operational, as well as other engineering leaders. This role will be responsible for leading a staff of full-time and contract professionals in multiple locations globally. This position is an excellent opportunity to drive the future of our software framework, platform and marketing systems to provide value to our Marketing, Product and User Experience teams while driving a more streamlined experience for our direct to consumer and SMB customers.
The Group Manager Engineering, Product Experiences role will be responsible for mentoring and growing team members within the engineering organization. They will also be a partner in determining the future direction of web development best practices within the engineering organization, and be a part of the execution of that direction.
- Provide functional and technical leadership to Engineering department
- Promote technical innovation and influence product roadmaps across functions and capabilities related to software engineering
- Closely partner with product, sales, and operational teams to influence product decisions, roadmaps and provide subject matter expertise
- Build software solutions which meet and exceed operating targets of reliability, scalability, security, maintainability and performance
- Champion efforts focused on attracting, developing and retaining a high performing team, offer ongoing feedback, professional growth opportunities and overall career guidance
- Be a driver of employee engagement, empowering your teams to not only champion their own efforts but to encourage others to be truly vested team players
- Employ agile based development methodologies in partnership with Project Management stakeholders.
- Champion continuous improvement and simplification of technology and underpinning stacks
- Continuously improve SDLC processes including comprehensive code reviews, automation, etc.
- Create teams that play to the strengths of individual team members while identifying opportunities for development/mentoring
- Contribute to the department’s identity, standards, guidelines and best practices
- Foster lasting and valuable relationships with external vendors that help drive your teams’ success
- Manage the day to day execution of product development activities that help to deliver on strategic goals
- Managing and working with remote development teams, possibly across several time zones while still maintaining high quality
- Partner with architecture stakeholders to develop solution designs
- Maintain deep technical and business knowledge of industry directions and trends in the area of application architecture and programming languages
- Drive to deliver technology and products in the roadmap on schedule and with the highest quality
- Provide support for operations and support teams, including root cause analysis and preventative analysis
- Promote a DevOps culture that enables developers to execute quickly and with quality
- 7+ years in a leadership role including experience leading a software engineering team, setting priorities and plans to meet business goals and objectives
- Minimum of 5+ years of management experience in ecommerce
- Broad experience building, leading, managing and mentoring high-performance Agile-based engineering teams
- Knowledge of object-oriented design and proven implementation skills
- Deep understanding of computing systems, software architecture and processes
- Experience leading large teams of 10+ software engineers both co-located and distributed
LegalZoom is a trusted technology platform that gives the world access to professional legal advice. From starting a new business to assisting in protecting families, contracts to copyrights, trademarks to trusts, LegalZoom is the leading provider of online legal solutions for families and small businesses.
Since its founding more than 20 years ago, LegalZoom has helped millions of Americans with efficient and simplified legal help. Whether you want to explore specific legal options or connect with an independent attorney, be empowered to take care of important legal needs and protect what matters most.
Our company culture is open, collaborative, and fast-paced—we've created a culture that empowers all to do their best work without barriers.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.