Software Engineering Manager - Holopix
- Silicon Valley (Redwood City to San Jose)
- Elastic Search
At Leia we are working at the forefront of display technology — making screens come to life in richer, deeper, and more beautiful ways. We apply our proprietary nanotechnology to give any display the ability to produce immersive “holographic” content — no glasses, no tracking, no fuss. Come join a team of passionate scientists, engineers and artists to define the digital experiences of tomorrow.
Holopix is the first and only platform for sharing photos in holographic 4v. As a Software Engineering Manager for the Holopix team, you will build out new features, scale the infrastructure, and expand the product to new markets. Your role will include both software engineering and people management responsibilities.
- Manage, guide, and mentor a team of engineers (5+).
Utilize Agile development methodology and know when to get out of the way.
Communicate and collaborate with Product, Design, and other Engineering stakeholders to prioritize deliverables, estimate timelines, and decide key feature sets.
Guide the team to build scalable systems with a modern tech stack:
- Firestore Database, Google Cloud Storage, Cloud Functions (Node.js)
- Google AppEngine
- Elasticsearch for feed ranking and search
- Docker containers for server-side image processing and computer vision technologies
- Android, with heavy use of Leia-specific SDKs.
Provide technical mentorship by facilitating architecture discussions, participating in code reviews, pair coding, etc.
Evaluate each employee’s career progression and provide actionable feedback.
Critically evaluate new and existing technologies, to ensure we are building on the best possible foundations.
Protect user data and privacy by guiding the team to build systems with security in mind.
Manage upwards by setting realistic expectations and communicating progress.
Evaluate the roadmap, identify personnel needs, and make hiring decisions. Grow the team with key hires to build a team that works as a whole towards product deliveries.
Maintain focus on the big picture while being able to deep dive into specific components.
This is a position based at Leia Inc’s headquarters in Menlo Park, California.
- Experience developing backend systems for mobile applications.
- Ability to work in a dynamic startup environment.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently.
- Passion for doing what’s right for the customer.
- 2+ years of leading a team of software engineers
- 3+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 4+ years experience as a back-end developer.
- BS degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Passionate about photography
- Experience with studying user behavior in a data-driven approach and implementing features to achieve growth hacking
- Experience with machine learning or data science.
- Experience with VR/AR (Oculus, Unity, Unreal, ARCore, ARKit).
About Leia Inc.
At Leia our driving purpose is to Light up Life. Screens come alive in richer, deeper, more beautiful ways. Flipping seamlessly between 2D and 3D we make mobile experiences truly immersive: no glasses, no tracking, no fuss. Alongside our display technology we are developing Leia Loft™ — a whole new canvas. A space to create, share and experience holographic content in entirely new ways.
Leia Inc. was founded by David Fattal, Pierre-Emmanuel Evreux and Zhen Peng and is headquartered in Menlo Park, California.
We value action and agility, and try to avoid process for-the-sake of process. While some of our teams choose to use certain processes, we generally allow teams the freedom to self-manage. Engineers are empowered to make product decisions and guide the roadmap.
- Elastic Search
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.