- New York, NY, United States
- San Francisco, CA, United States
We are looking for a mobile engineer to help build a world-class rental marketplace, and positively shape the lives of millions of renters. As the principal mobile engineer, you will contribute to adapting the Lighthouse desktop experience into people's pockets, and bringing to life the best rental experience the world has ever seen.
- Work with team to plan, shape, and build the initial launch of the Lighthouse mobile app
- Port key features and signatures of the Lighthouse search to be seamless across mobile and desktop
- Implement authentication, location-based services, notifications specific to mobile applications
- Develop full functionality and support across iOS and Android
- Improve performance and reliability, as well as build robust analytics layer
- Set the standards and best practices for software engineering at Lighthouse
Lighthouse may be a good fit if you
- Believe in our mission
- Possess a customer-centric mindset and have strong empathy for renters aspiring to become homeowners
- Have 4+ years experience as a mobile developer
- Have a background in consumer apps such as social, fintech, or marketplaces
- Have built large and complex projects at scale, and maintained them over many release cycles
- Like to make major product decisions and have a strong product design sense
- Desire to build an inclusive, diverse, and high-performance team
- Want to launch something from the ground up
Culture: Beyond engineering
As a startup, we count on team members to branch out beyond their initial job title. As such, you can expect growth within and outside of your core responsibilities:
- Contribute to the overall strategy and decision-making about product and business direction
- Work closely with cross-functional partners to ship high-quality products and services
- Help with hiring, mentoring, and establishing a unique culture within the company
Work & Benefits
- Competitive compensation and equity
- Location. We plan to have an office one day, but will support you working remotely in the US wherever you'd like
- Insurance. Top notch health insurance (US)
- Home office. We will reimburse up to $500 to make you have the right home office set up
- Team gatherings. Paid travel and accommodations to team gatherings
- Experience. We're creating lifelong memories together, so we will continue to make improvements to our work and benefits experience as we grow!
- Development and training opportunities. We'd like to think the best of us yearn to learn so we'd like to help you grow into maybe our future leaders or other roles that float your boat.
Lighthouse provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. We are actively seeking to create a diverse work environment.
Lighthouse is a real estate platform that puts renters first. Empowering our users while removing complexity. Our dedicated team of Lightkeepers are here to not just support you in finding somewhere to live, but somewhere you can call home.
We are able to offer exclusive cash back rewards that can reduce your rent by up to $100 per month at no cost to renters.
Because we want to make renting more affordable to all. Renting should be a stepping stone towards homeownership and financial well-being.
We are young, scrappy, open. We also love to work and have a great time together.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.