- New York, NY, United States
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- $110k - $160k
- 0.5% - 2.0%
We are looking for a lead engineer to help build a world-class rental marketplace, and positively shape the lives of millions of renters. As a lead engineer, you will contribute to important product, architecture, and resourcing decisions, as we work to bring to life the best rental experience the world has ever seen.
- Lead and develop a high performing and diverse team of frontend and backend engineers
- Help establish and uphold high standards for code quality, testing, and platform stability without sacrificing quality and speed of delivery and iteration
- Thought leadership on designing a forward-thinking system architecture that will allow Lighthouse to scale
- Collaborate with engineering, product, design, and business counterparts to design and build innovative, user-friendly web and mobile applications
- Continuous improvement of the engineering team as a whole through thoughtful code review and design documentation feedback, as well as career planning and personal goal setting
- Iterate on internal processes to help the team achieve more with less, and maintain a high delivery velocity
Lighthouse may be a good fit if you
- Believe in our mission
- Possess a customer-centric mindset and have strong empathy for renters aspiring to become homeowners
- Have 4+ years hands-on experience as a Senior Engineer, Tech Lead, or Manager
- Have a background in consumer apps such as social, fintech, or marketplaces
- Have been through the process of scaling an application, and implemented the leading observability, security, and analytics solutions
- Desire to build an inclusive, diverse, and high-performing team
- Build for the long term, but also able to find efficient short-term solutions
- Have knowledge and proficiency with our stack (i.e. Next, React, Node, Postgres, and more)
- Want to launch something from the ground up
Culture: Beyond engineering
As a startup, we count on team members to branch out beyond their initial job title. As such, you can expect growth within and outside of your core responsibilities:
- Contribute to the overall strategy and decision-making about product and business direction
- Work closely with cross-functional partners to ship high-quality products and services
- Help with hiring, mentoring, and establishing a unique culture within the company
Work & Benefits
- Competitive compensation and equity
- Location. We plan to have an office one day, but will support you working remotely in the US wherever you'd like
- Insurance. Top notch health insurance (US)
- Home office. We will reimburse up to $500 to make you have the right home office set up
- Team gatherings. Paid travel and accommodations to team gatherings
- Experience. We're creating lifelong memories together, so we will continue to make improvements to our work and benefits experience as we grow!
Lighthouse provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. We are actively seeking to create a diverse work environment.
Lighthouse is a real estate platform that puts renters first. Empowering our users while removing complexity. Our dedicated team of Lightkeepers are here to not just support you in finding somewhere to live, but somewhere you can call home.
We are able to offer exclusive cash back rewards that can reduce your rent by up to $100 per month at no cost to renters.
Because we want to make renting more affordable to all. Renting should be a stepping stone towards homeownership and financial well-being.
We are young, scrappy, open. We also love to work and have a great time together.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.