Sr. Backend Engineer
- Silicon Valley, CA, United States
- Mountain View, CA, United States
Lightup is building a radically new data quality and data observability platform. The enterprise data stack is going through a massive data transformation as data creation continues to accelerate every year. This goes hand in hand with mission-critical dependence on data for product operation and business decision making. Ensuring high data quality for data driven products and businesses is a top priority for data teams. Yet data is often unreliable and unusable, because traditional tools and home grown strategies are coming up short. Lightup is filling this vacuum with its path breaking automated streaming data quality platform — a power-pack of state-of-the-art anomaly detection techniques and a scalable data architecture.
We are funded by Andreessen-Horowitz (a16z) and S28 Capital. Come join our mission to put an end to data chaos!
We are looking for a Sr. Backend Engineer. This is a core position that will require end to end ownership of a significant part of the system. Responsibilities will include designing, developing, testing, deploying, operating and supporting the Lightup backend. Lightup's backend is built to be scalable, fast and having a clear API contract. The backend is responsible for coordinating the execution of the entire data pipeline and interfacing with our users (API layer). You'll work closely with other engineers as well as with our product and business team as we scale our product across many companies.
Lightup supports multiple deployment options based on customer's data security requirements. The platform needs to be secure and monitored for uptime and availability. Experience with cloud provider infrastructures such as AWS, GCP and/or Azure as well as experience with Kubernetes and Terraform would be preferred.
As a part owner of the company, you will be operate with autonomy and significant responsibility.
- MS with 3+ years experience, BS with 5+ years experience in Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering.
- Tackled API design and are able to implement clean, intuitive APIs needed for our product.
- You understand how to interact with SQL databases like Postgres/MySQL, and data schema design.
- Knowledge of API specification languages like Swagger, JSONSchema
- Great Python skills and knowledge of common frameworks like Django, Flask
- Integrated identity / SSO systems like Auth0, Okta, OneLogin, Google SSO
- Good understanding of RESTful APIs, gRPC as well JSON, protocol buffers
- Leveraged Cloud services effectively (know at least one of AWS, Azure, GCP well)
- Knowledge of Kubernetes and Terraform/CloudFormation.
- Ability to prototype quickly, basic understanding of UI/UX principles
- Ability to prioritize and thrive in a fast-paced, fluid environment
- Enthusiasm to learn new concepts
- Ability to work with ambiguous or unclear definition
- Self driven
About Lightup Data Inc.
Lightup is building a radically new data quality and observability platform.
Data has been going through a massive transformation but teams are slowed by unreliable and unusable data. We've enabled our users to trust their data and accelerate how quickly they can move their data driven businesses forward. Join our team and build out our path breaking streaming data quality platform - state of the art anomaly detection algorithms and scalable data pipelines.
Be an integral part of the data revolution's new architecture ...
Here are what we value as a company - Customers first - Transparency - Honesty - bidirectional feedback - Bias for action - results matter - Have fun while getting stuff done
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.