Software Engineering Manager
- East Bay, CA, United States
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Silicon Valley, CA, United States
We are looking for multi-disciplinary hands-on engineering leaders that have displayed a steady progression from a software engineer to a manager. Engineering leaders that join us are passionate about creating great software products that our users will love. They have a strong technical background with extensive development experience that allow them to be engaged in complex technical design and architecture decisions. They have matured teams in fast-pace start-up environments before. They will inspire and nurture our engineers to their next level of technical excellence. They will recruit and hire talented engineers as we seek to grow to meet demanding business and technical challenges.
- Partner closely with Product Management and other cross-functional departments to create product/technical roadmaps and solutions
- Function as Scrum Master, responsible for resource allocation, effort estimates, schedules and end-to-end project delivery
- Hands-on in technical designs, architecture and code reviews
- Drive process improvements to optimize team's productivity, delivery quality and effectiveness
- Motivate, coach, recruit and retain engineers
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 8+ years of software development experience
- 3+ years of software engineering management experience
- Experience in developing and scaling complex web systems, DevOps tools and Test Automation
- Experience in leading teams through complex project delivery
- Experience with Agile/Scrum development methodology
- People management experience with coaching, performance reviews and recruiting
- Great communication skills
We encourage you to apply if you do not meet all of the qualifications but feel you would be a good fit for the position. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Benefits and Perks
We offer competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverage, HSA with employer contribution, flexible vacation, commuter benefits, a 401k plan, and more. At Lively, we believe having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Come join us in our mission to help people optimize their healthcare spending, maximize their savings, and better their livelihood!
About Lively, Inc.
Lively is a modern health savings account platform for individuals and businesses. We are transforming the HSA from a legacy banking product to a core part of your healthcare experience!
Co-founders are life long friends so the culture is very collegial and fun. We work very hard because we put our trust in one another. We have a culture of respect and openness.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.