Sr. Full Stack Engineer
- East Bay, CA, United States
- Los Angeles, CA, United States
- Seattle, WA, United States
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Silicon Valley, CA, United States
- $155k - $175k
- 0.125% - 0.165%
Out-of-pocket healthcare costs are skyrocketing each year, forcing people across America to make difficult decisions about their health and money. We started Lively because we believe no one should have to sacrifice their personal health for their financial health. Lively makes it easier to manage rising costs through Health Savings Accounts (HSA) that allow people not only save on the costs of healthcare today, but plan for the costs of tomorrow.
Located in San Francisco, Lively is backed by the top institutional and individual investors including Costanoa Ventures, Y-Combinator, Ally Ventures, The Durant Company, SV Angel, Point Judith Capital, Streamlined Ventures, among others.
About the Role
We are looking for an engineer who wants to create deep and meaningful product engagement experiences for our increasing user base, and are comfortable in contributing to every part of the stack: from UI to API development, to complex integrations with financial institutions and partners. We take great care and pride in building features that will delight our customers. You will be responsible for a lot so you should feel comfortable in a fast paced, growing, and nimble environment, keeping in mind that everything we do is to better the lives of our users!
- Analyze requirements, create and document component/system designs.
- Implement features and functionality with clean and maintainable codes.
- Take pride in software quality through rigorous functional testing and writing automated unit tests.
- Troubleshoot production issues, provide resolutions and recommendations for improvement.
Skills & Experience
- 4+ years experience in web or distributed systems development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent is preferred.
- Experience in HTML5/CSS and React (or other equivalent front-end framework) on Single Page Applications that are responsive.
- Strong fundamental understanding of relational database (Postgresql, Mysql). Able to model and design intuitive and scalable schemas.
- Strong fundamentals in software design techniques and design patterns.
- Strong working knowledge with API design and architecture.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum development methodology.
- Knowledge of Typescript on node.js working in the back end a plus!
- Experience with scalability a plus!
- Someone who isn't afraid of responsibility, a good sense of humor and a down-to-earth personality.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis with no sponsorship needed now, or in the future.
Benefits & Perks
We offer competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverage, HSA with employer contribution, FSA, flexible vacation, commuter benefits, a 401k plan, and more.
At Lively, we believe having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Come join us in our mission to help people optimize their healthcare spending, maximize their savings, and better their livelihood!
About Lively, Inc.
Lively is a modern health savings account platform for individuals and businesses. We are transforming the HSA from a legacy banking product to a core part of your healthcare experience!
Co-founders are life long friends so the culture is very collegial and fun. We work very hard because we put our trust in one another. We have a culture of respect and openness.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.