- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Apache Spark
- Ruby on Rails
- Google Cloud
LiveRamp’s vision is to be the trusted platform that makes data accessible and meaningful. There is truly an awesome power to be unlocked in connected data, and we want to make it happen. Whether it is by enabling companies to interact with consumers in a personalized way through targeting and measurement, or by helping companies understand their consumers’ wants and needs through identity-based analytics, or by empowering companies to build innovative products in healthcare through machine learning or AI, we want to be at the frontier driving customer data-driven innovation to reality. In doing so, we will become the backbone of the customer-centric experience.
Mission: LiveRamp makes it safe and easy for businesses to use data effectively.
The Global Ingestion team owns the crucial part of our LiveRamp system where customers first upload or channel their data to:
- We are a critical component of LiveRamp’s vision to become a global platform for connected data, aiming to provide an intuitive self service user interface for our customers to upload, connect or start ingesting their data efficiently. +We receive and process hundreds of billions of records (120TB of data) daily from various sources.
- We parse, validate, anonymize and normalize the data to a standard format to enable use by a diverse set of downstream applications.
- We take data ethics and security seriously throughout our pipeline, ensuring compliance to relevant privacy laws and security certifications.
- Lead the team to build the next generation global ingestion platform from the ground up and migrate existing complex use cases into that system. In its completion, the global ingestion platform will be empowering data connectivity in global markets (US, EU, APAC, etc).
- Work with a team of supportive and passionate software engineers.
- Architect and implement systems that materialize our platform vision.
- Resolve technical issues for internal and external customers.
- Be a coach to other engineers on the team, helping them succeed in their current role while preparing them for future roles.
- Perform code reviews and design reviews for other engineers on the team.
- Have an impact across the entire product and engineer org by leading technical discussions in the architecture board, evangelizing best practices, standards, and mentoring engineers and engineering teams.
- Have an impact in the broader industry by representing LiveRamp to speak at events and conferences.
- Build and support best in class Global Ingestion systems with an emphasis on top-notch user experience and intuitive self-service workflows.
- Stay nimble and respond quickly to emerging opportunities.
- 8+ years of experience in the fields of software engineering (backend)
- 2+ years of experience using cloud based platform such as GCP, AWS, Azure or similar technologies
- Track record of leading and delivering large scale, cross-team, cross-functional projects, enjoy collaborating on an agile development team and have empathy for teammates and customers.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, and experience working with a remote, global team.
- Have a passion for building large-scale distributed systems and are comfortable writing maintainable, extensible, scalable and high performance code.
- Have a startup personality and enjoy working as part of a team: smart, ethical, friendly, hard-working, and productive.
- You love mentoring junior engineers, lead end-to-end development and release of an application or service, deploying software that conforms to best practices.
- Comfortable evaluating and adapting to the latest tools and technologies.
- Not afraid of “getting your hands dirty” and quickly iterating with evolving requirements from customers.
- Proficient in one or more compiled languages, preferably Java, Scala, Go or C++.
- Bachelor or Master of Science in Computer Science, Information Systems or related degree
- Experience with GCP products such as BigTable, BigQuery, Dataproc, PubSub or other data tools like Spark, Kafka, Hive, or Apache Beam
- Experience with development tools such as Terraform, Kubernetes, Helm, or Gradle
- Experience with designing and implementing interfaces and infrastructure for large scale systems and RESTful APIs
- Contributions to open source projects
- People: work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people who love what they do.
- In-Office Food: enjoy catered meals, boundless snacks, and the occasional food truck.
- Fun: we host in-person and virtual events such as game nights, happy hours, camping trips, and sports leagues.
- Work/Life Harmony: flexible paid time off, options for working from home, and paid parental leave.
- Whole Health Package: medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance. Plus mental health support (via Talkspace) and fitness reimbursement up to $100 per month.
- Savings: our 401K matching plan helps you plan ahead.
- RampRemote: a comprehensive program to assist you in setting up a home office that works for you
More about us:
LiveRamp is the leader in data connectivity, helping the world’s largest brands use their data to improve customer interactions on any channel and device. We thrive on mind-bending technical challenges and value entrepreneurship, humility, and constant personal growth. There is so much more that we want to build and that we could continue to improve. We value strong engineers who are agile enough to hit the ground running and tackle challenges. To all recruitment agencies: LiveRamp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, LiveRamp employees or any other company location. LiveRamp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
About LiveRamp Inc.
LiveRamp's product is a massive identity graph connecting each individual to their online identifiers like cookies and device IDs.
Our engineering workflows can be broken into three parts: Data Ingestion, Data Manipulation, and Data Distribution. We ingest behavioral data indexed by offline and online identifiers from our clients, resolve every index to a single LiveRamp ID through our Identity Graph, and then distribute ingested data to other technology platforms in the industry.
All LiveRampers are smart, nice, and get things done. We move quickly and value autonomy and project ownership over all else. We empower our people to use their best judgment when making decisions. We grow our talent by challenging them with stretch projects and supporting them with mentorship.
- Apache Spark
- Ruby on Rails
- Google Cloud
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.