- San Francisco
- $130k - $160k
- 0.1% - 0.4%
- Google Cloud Platform
Loft Orbital’s mission is to make space simple for our customers. We operate satellites and we fly customer payloads onboard, as a service. We are redefining how businesses and governments access space and use it to perform their critical missions.
Loft’s customers span the entire space industry, from start-ups to large companies and government agencies. Our standard interfacing and mission operations products enable us to fly any kind of payload, such as imagers, RF systems, scientific experiments, national security missions, in-orbit demonstrations, and weather and climate sensors.
We are hiring a Full stack developer to help us build Cockpit, our autonomous satellite control software. We are building Cockpit to operate a diverse constellation of multi-sensor satellites. Our first launch is next year with many more to follow - join us to build the new standard of spacecraft operations!
Backend Skills - Must Haves
- Advanced experience with the Django Framework
- Deep understanding of the REST and GraphQL paradigms
- Experience using WebSocket
Backend Skills - Nice to Haves
- Familiarity with authentication mechanisms (OAuth 2.0, OpenID Connect, etc.) and associated concepts (JWT, …)
- At ease with the Node.js stack (Express.js, etc.)
- Some experience with the Graphene / DRF libraries
Frontend Skills - Must Haves
- Advanced experience with Vue.js / Vuex or React / Redux
- Familiarity with the SASS or LESS preprocessors
- Thorough knowledge of build systems (Webpack)
Frontend Skills - Nice to Have
- Experience with Typescript
- Knowledge of libraries like OpenLayers, CesiumJS, …
- Bonus: Can design UI assets (using Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, …)
General Skills - Must Haves
- Advanced Python 3 skills (sync/async paradigms, testing, packaging, …)
- Networking skills (TCP/UDP, IP, proxy, VPN, …)
- Database setup and management skills (PostgreSQL, Redis, …)
- Experience with unit and integration testing
- Version control (git) and continuous integration tools (GitLab CI, Jenkins, Travis CI, …)
- Experience building services that leverage cloud-based infrastructure (GCP, AWS, …)
- Comfortable with Docker containers
- Deep understanding of the Linux concepts
General Skills - Nice to Haves
- Data analysis: numpy / pandas
- Used to working with Agile methods
- Familiarity with data normalization concepts
- Has used PaaS in the past (Google App Engine or Amazon Elastic Beanstalk)
- Some experience with Kubernetes
- Bonus: Fluency in C++
- Bonus: Experience in Geospatial Concepts
- Bonus: Participation in Open Source projects
About Loft Orbital
Loft Orbital offers satellite as a service. We operate a rideshare service in space, where we fly multiple customer sensors on washing machine sized-satellites. Our mission is to make space simple for our customers, so they can focus on what really matters to them: collecting and analyzing data.
We are building the world's first fully autonomous satellite operations system that can control any sensor on any Loft satellite, and we are rapidly scaling this team!
Loft has a unique culture that is down-to-earth, hardworking, and scrappy, where every employee takes an immense amount of pride in their finished product. We are transparent and open in internal communication and feedback, and live by the famous
broccoli principle (If I have broccoli in my teeth, I want you to tell me immediately).
As a company, we have two missions: (1) Make space simple for our customers and (2) be the most fulfilling job our employees ever have.
For us, fulfilling to us means that we treat our employees with respect and always keep their best interests front and center. Fulfilling also means that the technical challenges are hard and people are empowered to solve them. We want to build a company where three years of working at Loft is worth 10 years at any other company.
- Google Cloud Platform
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.