- Silicon Valley (Redwood City to San Jose)
Sr. Software Engineer, Product Engineering
MZ Game Studio is seeking full-time engineers to join development of our massive, next generation multi-platform games. We are looking for talented individuals to help us build compelling games connecting millions of players around the world. You will work across a range of technology stacks and use your deep understanding of scalability and parallelization to develop massive games. We need self-motivated engineers excited to work directly on critical features and mechanics. Join now for a unique opportunity that pushes the bounds of mobile gaming.
What you'll be doing:
- Own game features through every step of the development process, from initial design all the way to live game support
- Work closely with game designers, artists and other technical groups to implement large-scale game features
- Ship code that impacts millions of people and push boundaries of concurrent feature interaction
- Learn new algorithms, languages, techniques, processes or methodologies
- Identify and address performance bottlenecks
- Build efficient and reusable systems
- Move fast and create long lasting, highly successful products
Your background and who you are:
- 8+ years of professional software development experience
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Must be proactive, self-directed and organized
- Proficient using at least one mainstream language such as PHP, C++, or Java
- Willing and able to learn more
- Knowledge of relational databases and SQL, preferably MySQL
- Ability to quickly isolate and debug complex issues within code
- A passion for developing scalable and optimized software systems
- Confident in your work and care about the quality of what you produce
- Mindful of how design decisions impact performance and user experience
- Experience with server side game architecture AND/OR client heavy game development
- 3D game development
- Multiplayer game development
- Experience using Lua and/or PHP to write non trivial applications
- Passion for all things gaming
MZ is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
About Machine Zone
Machine Zone is a global leader in mobile gaming, with a track record of delivering some of the world’s most successful mobile games including Game of War, Mobile Strike, and Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire. We combine the power of technology and creative vision to create experiences that connect people from all corners of the globe.
Our massive mobile games break down linguistic and geographic barriers by uniting an unprecedented number of global players in one gaming world. We empower our game developers to push the boundaries of innovation in a player-driven ecosystem.
Everything we’ve built, we’ve built together. We are passionate about what we do. We take risks and push the boundaries of what is possible. We challenge each other continuously, learn from our mistakes, and support one another. We triumph together!
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.