- Silicon Valley (Redwood City to San Jose)
Sr. Build Engineer
MZ is seeking a highly skilled Senior Build and Tools Engineer to support its development teams and ensure their build pipelines are running as efficiently as possible. Build and Tools engineers work closely with both software engineers and product managers to provide build support from development to product release. Success in this role requires a passion to continually improve processes and optimize inefficiencies.
What you'll be doing:
- Work as part of a larger build team to enhance and accelerate MZ development and infrastructure teams
- Own regular delivery of product applications and delivery pipelines
- Develop and maintain productivity tools for the company to increase velocity
- Study, understand, and communicate necessary technology that is used or being considered for the company
- Manage and deploy build systems and servers with Linux, Mac OSX and Windows operating systems
- Work with iOS and Android product releases
- Utilize Jenkins for build requirements for product teams
- Work with new products and project teams to define and develop processes and tooling
Your background and who you are:
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 8+ years professional software development experience
- Highly proficient with Python in a production environment
- Significant version control experience with a major source control system, such as Perforce, Git, or Subversion
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Worked as a Build or Tools Engineer through multiple complete development cycles, involved with both early project build preparation, supporting development teams in production, and final shipping product preparation.
- Proficient in building and maintaining toolchains
- Proficient with relational databases, preferably MySQL
- Proficient with Mac OSX and Linux
- Experience with continuous integration systems, preferably Jenkins
- Excellent analytic and problem solving skills
- Experience programming in C/C++, Lua, PHP, Obj-C, or Java
- Experience with package and automation tools like Puppet or Ansible
MZ is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
About Machine Zone
Machine Zone is a global leader in mobile gaming, with a track record of delivering some of the world’s most successful mobile games including Game of War, Mobile Strike, and Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire. We combine the power of technology and creative vision to create experiences that connect people from all corners of the globe.
Our massive mobile games break down linguistic and geographic barriers by uniting an unprecedented number of global players in one gaming world. We empower our game developers to push the boundaries of innovation in a player-driven ecosystem.
Everything we’ve built, we’ve built together. We are passionate about what we do. We take risks and push the boundaries of what is possible. We challenge each other continuously, learn from our mistakes, and support one another. We triumph together!
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.