- Silicon Valley (Redwood City to San Jose)
Sr. Engine Developer
The ideal candidate will have be have strong fundamentals, ability to problem solve, and adept at getting up to speed in large and complex code bases. You will be primarily responsible for working on our in-house UI engine which is based on HTML/CSS DOM Model. We have adopted the best practices of the web which allow designers to build UI quickly and iteratively. Your work will be seen by tens of millions of players in the future!
What you'll be doing:
- Code primarily in C++/Objective-C/Java to extend and optimize our cross-platform, HTML-driven UI engine
- Design & develop UI features, debugger tools & linter support
- Produce high quality, well-documented code promoting modularity, extensibility and performance
- Participate in code reviews
Your background and who you are:
- 5+ years of expert level C++ experience
- Strong familiarity with STL
- Experience working with or developing UI Engines
- Experience working or developing UI scripting systems
- Knowledge of layout and rendering systems
- Strong background in computer science fundamentals, design patterns, algorithms and data structures
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Familiarity with mobile UI development tools & process (Android/iOS)
- Experience with HTML/CSS DOM layout & rendering systems
- Experience working in or contributing to open source browser projects (ie, Webkit, Chromium)
About Machine Zone
Machine Zone is a global leader in mobile gaming, with a track record of delivering some of the world’s most successful mobile games including Game of War, Mobile Strike, and Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire. We combine the power of technology and creative vision to create experiences that connect people from all corners of the globe.
Our massive mobile games break down linguistic and geographic barriers by uniting an unprecedented number of global players in one gaming world. We empower our game developers to push the boundaries of innovation in a player-driven ecosystem.
Everything we’ve built, we’ve built together. We are passionate about what we do. We take risks and push the boundaries of what is possible. We challenge each other continuously, learn from our mistakes, and support one another. We triumph together!
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.