Sr Site Reliability Engineering, Engineering Operations
- Silicon Valley, CA, United States
Sr. Site Reliability Engineer, Engineering Operations
MZ is seeking a Sr. Site Reliability Engineer for the Game Engineering vertical who will play a major role in interfacing Operations team and Game Engineering overall. You’ll be tasked with maintaining our complex infrastructure and optimizing our Game environment for maximum uptime. You’ll also monitor and build out our systems to ensure health and scalability in a fast paced environment and you’ll have a strong say in our infrastructure decisions moving forward. This is your chance to be a part of mobile history!
What you'll be doing:
- Create, monitor, and scale our operations efforts through innovative automation approaches, configuration management
- Develop and monitor our global infrastructure as we scale internationally
- Build custom tools and instrumentation that ensure maximum system uptime and health
- Research new industry practices and explore the newest technologies such as containerization, docker, kubernetes
- Play with: Puppet, Python, SaltStack, ELK stack, MySQL, Redis, Nginx, Graphite, Sensu, Prometheus
- Taking part in on-call rotation to respond to production issues
Your background and who you are:
- 8+ years of experience with Unix/Linux and system administration related tasks
- 2+ years of application development
- 2+ years of experience with networking systems and technologies
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
- Strong knowledge of system architecture, performance tuning concepts, and web applications
- Passionate about automation and configuration management (Puppet, SaltStack, Chef, etc.)
- Scripting and programming mastery across a variety of languages (Python, Golang)
- Expertise in large scale, high volume operations environments
- Strong foundation with relational database technologies and caching techniques
- Lastly proactive in solving problems, possess excellent communication skills and develop solutions with end-users in mind
- Experience migrating applications towards micro-services and deploying container orchestrators such as Kubernetes/Mesos
- Proven experience in building applications that can automate operational efforts
- Experience evangelizing best practices around reliability and scalability
MZ is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
About Machine Zone
Machine Zone is a global leader in mobile gaming, with a track record of delivering some of the world’s most successful mobile games including Game of War, Mobile Strike, and Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire. We combine the power of technology and creative vision to create experiences that connect people from all corners of the globe.
Our massive mobile games break down linguistic and geographic barriers by uniting an unprecedented number of global players in one gaming world. We empower our game developers to push the boundaries of innovation in a player-driven ecosystem.
Everything we’ve built, we’ve built together. We are passionate about what we do. We take risks and push the boundaries of what is possible. We challenge each other continuously, learn from our mistakes, and support one another. We triumph together!
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.