- Silicon Valley, CA, United States
Software Engineer, Chat Server
Why settle for disrupting the world when you can unify it? MZ Game Studio has constructed an unrivaled global platform where people from all nationalities can talk, feel, and create simultaneously in real-time, putting the entire world into the palm of your hand. The Game Services team is responsible for tearing down the virtual walls in that world. They develop the technology and systems to maximize developer efficiency and deconstruct limitations on scalability, performance, and reliability.
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborate with product teams to design the next generation of chat features that will delight users and provide a sense of community in our games.
- Own the technical delivery of the project from ideation through delivery, maintenance, and ongoing support.
- Write high quality code with automated tests and static type analysis.
- Review technical designs, code, and deployment runbooks.
- Participate in our on-call rotation to help resolve production issues.
Your background and who you are:
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- 5+ years professional work experience.
- Experience with Erlang or a similar functional language is highly desired.
- Experience writing Object-oriented PHP, or a similar programming language.
- Experience developing a chat server or a publisher-subscriber based system.
- Solid understanding of Unix internals.
- Ability to troubleshoot live systems.
- Experience with socket programming using TCP/IP.
- Experience building highly available, distributed systems.
- Fundamental understanding of XMPP protocol.
- Knowledge of relational databases and SQL, preferably MySQL.
MZ is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
About Machine Zone
Machine Zone is a global leader in mobile gaming, with a track record of delivering some of the world’s most successful mobile games including Game of War, Mobile Strike, and Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire. We combine the power of technology and creative vision to create experiences that connect people from all corners of the globe.
Our massive mobile games break down linguistic and geographic barriers by uniting an unprecedented number of global players in one gaming world. We empower our game developers to push the boundaries of innovation in a player-driven ecosystem.
Everything we’ve built, we’ve built together. We are passionate about what we do. We take risks and push the boundaries of what is possible. We challenge each other continuously, learn from our mistakes, and support one another. We triumph together!
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.