Senior Backend Engineer
- New York, NY, United States
- $170k - $220k
- 0.01% - 0.10%
Senior Backend Engineer
$170k – $220k • 0.01% – 0.1%
Our vision is to help companies become more customer-centric by providing them with a central source of insights on their customer experience.
We do this by elevating those who speak to customers all day - namely customer service teams and ensuring their voices and insights are driving key decisions in their companies.
We are 50 employees, growing 100%+ a year, and only scratching the surface of our potential. We have a ~25 person Product, Engineering, and Design team and we’re looking for a Senior Backend Engineer who can help us achieve our product vision by owning projects in one of the most critical parts of our system.
Being on a small ETL team, you’ll be instrumental in achieving larger business outcomes and the success of customers. As the Senior Backend Engineer on the team owning the technical projects for our Enterprise customers, your work will facilitate millions of dollars in revenue for the company and directly contribute to the success of deals and partnerships.
Pay, Perks & Such:
At Maestro, we truly value the diversity of thought, perspectives and life experiences of our team. We know that the best outcomes stem from bringing together voices with wide ranging identities, embracing a culture of belonging, and that sustaining a workplace where everyone can bring their full selves is a path, not a destination.
We provide competitive salaries, stock options and benefits like health coverage, 401k, team events, and more! The biggest perk by far is the opportunity to learn by working on the ground floor and getting to actually build the roller coaster.
About the Role:
- Own the success of our Enterprise customers through custom development
- Primarily work with Python, MongoDB, Spark, and AWS Services
- Become intimately familiar with a home-grown micro-service ETL pipeline
- Create and release new features, as well as monitor and fix bugs
- Help or own large projects and releases
- Coach other engineers through PR reviews and collaboration
- Communicate directly with internal teams, e.g. sales and success
- Have input on tools and technical decisions
- Other! It is important to be flexible at this stage of our company
The best applicants will likely:
- Want to own impactful business and customer outcomes and have experience being accountable for their goals
- Thrive in a dynamic environment with varied responsibilities - ideally have experience being a part of a 10-100 person, fast-paced startup
- Experience overcoming hurdles to accomplish what others might not
- Experienced onboarding to complex codebases - be it through consulting, open-source work, previous startup experience, or other
- Have experience building production software applications where releasing multiple times per day is the norm
- Enjoy working with data and have experience building complex backend systems and ETL pipelines without big-data or real-time services
- Like to work on a small team of 2-7 engineers that works closely with other engineering teams
MaestroQA helps companies transform their customer service from a department that is viewed as a cost into a growth driver - one that drives customer loyalty and happiness. We do this by building software that helps managers coach customer service agents on best quality practices.
We take culture very seriously, and believe the people you spend your time with and how you build those relationships and behaviors are essential to not just business level things like performance and retention, but also overall life happiness and satisfaction.
As a result, we're focused on building a high trust, high autonomy workplace where people enjoy working together and are empowered to do their best work.
We have core values, behaviors, and benefits that help us build towards this which I'd be excited to talk about.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.