- Amazon AWS
We're looking for the right person to join our close-knit team and help realize our expanding road map!
This role is for a generalist engineer (or
full stack engineer) -- someone that is fungible, and comfortable working on a variety of areas and not afraid to diversify when needed. Our core product includes a device deployment and management web portal (the Mason Console), a Python command line tool, back-end services in Node.js, AWS infrastructure managed via Terraform and Ansible, a CD system in production using Jenkins, and lots of Android code. If some or all of this sounds exciting to you, you might be a great fit!
We have a developer-oriented v1 product with a variety of features, and we're looking for solid engineers to help take us to the next level. Our roadmap include creating or evolving our core product portfolio to be the best in their respective classes:
- AirShip (over the air updates and deployments to devices in the field)
- Builder (real time OS update creation)
- Controller (controlling massive fleets of devices with a push of a button)
- Fulfiller (automation of and deep insights into hardware fulfillment)
- Infrastructure (host and scale supporting services for large device deployments)
- SDKs and APIs for access to various features of our core platform
Your skills ideally include a subset of the following or their natural equivalents: + 2+ years of professional software development + Android app development + Python scripting + Node.js backend development + React.js frontend development + Build systems such as Make + CI/CD systems (Jenkins, etc) + Configuration management systems (Ansible, etc)
Things you'll do:
- Write design one-pagers and perform design reviews
- Perform peer code reviews
- Build and maintain test automation where appropriate
- Drive new product development
- Write public-facing documentation for new features and APIs for customers
- Help shape team development practices
- Collaborate with international teams
You'll be successful at Mason if you:
- have 2+ years of experience
- are curious to learn and willing to teach
- have a positive attitude
- tend to be a self-starter and get stuff done, but are not afraid to seek help
About Mason America
At Mason we build software and services to help companies deploy their very own fleet of purpose-built Android-compatible devices. We're like AWS or Azure but for mobile infrastructure — think
Mobile Infrastructure As A Service. We are tackling problems such as building an infinitely customizable Android-based OS, zero-touch provisioning of massive fleets of devices, and a cloud-based platform to provide deployment and management of devices at scale. Our tech spans the gamut from Android OS customization, apps, CLI tools, backend services, devops, web dashboards, automation and optimal sourcing of hardware through our network of manufacturers. By licensing our platform, companies never have to worry about hardware again.
We value our people foremost and we strive to adhere to our core values of being empathetic, dependable, respectful, curious, skeptical but optimistic, honest, resourceful and collaborative. We believe that the right people can make all the difference. Mason employees have tremendous amounts of autonomy and receive lots of encouragement to step out of their comfort zones. We encourage everyone to continue learning and teach others.
- Amazon AWS
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.