Embedded System Engineer
- Silicon Valley (Redwood City to San Jose)
- $100k - $170k
- 0.05% - 0.25%
We’re looking for an experienced Embedded Systems engineer to design and develop our latest camera product. Computer vision is at the heart of Matroid's mission, and the camera is the simplest and most powerful way for our users to run computer vision models on the live streaming video relevant to them and their needs. Designing and creating a hardware product requires keen attention to details and strong technical experiences, and as part of the Matroid team, you’ll shape the functionality and feel of our camera product while working in an engineering culture that fosters employee empowerment. Over time, your role on the team will evolve with your growing interests and skill set.
You’ll be working onsite at our Palo Alto office, located near the Stanford campus and Caltrain.
- Build and improve the firmware for our camera product
- Explore new frameworks and libraries for embedded system software
- Develop robust, secure and lightweight protocols for long-time live video transmission
- Collaborate with camera manufacturers for new iterations of the product
- Experience with bourne shell or bash
- Familiarity with Linux, device drivers, file systems
- Proficient in C/C++ and comfortable with cross compilation
- Experience developing embedded firmware in resource-constrained environment
- Experience testing, validating, and debugging embedded system firmware
- Experience writing software tools for a wide variety of devices, buses/interfaces
- Experience with FFmpeg/Libav/x264
- Experience with audio video codec (H.264/H.265/AAC), container formats (FLV/MP4), transmuxing, and streaming protocols (RTMP/DASH/HLS)
What we offer in return
- Competitive pay and equity
- The chance to constantly work on stimulating intellectual challenges.
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Free lunch, snacks, and caffeine every day
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- A flexible schedule that leaves time for all of your other interests
- A budget for whatever hardware will make you most effective
- Budget and resources to learn about the cutting edge of software engineering and computer vision
About Matroid, Inc.
With the rapid growth of artificial intelligence, more and more expert knowledge is required to use cutting edge AI techniques to solve real world problems.
At Matroid, we're building an intuitive product that allows anyone to train and deploy computer vision models without needing to know how to write a line of code. Founded by a Stanford professor in 2015, Matroid has raised $13.5 million in funding, and the product has been used in a variety of security and media applications.
The Matroid engineering culture emphasizes autonomy and rigorous quality. Matroid engineers have ownership of product areas, and are empowered to prioritize, design, and implement features in those areas. Engineers also have latitude in choosing the technologies best suited to meeting our product goals. We also encourage curiosity and learning about new technologies and parts of the stack you haven't worked on before.
Outside of work, we have frequent team outings, cookouts, and retreats, as well as weekly board games.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.