We are looking for a talented Infrastructure Engineer to join our team. You’ll be responsible for crafting and scaling services for the Matterport Cloud leveraging different cloud service providers. The ideal candidate is an individual who thrives on new challenges, possesses a strong development background, and has the drive to invent. You should be able to learn quickly, work in a fast-paced, team-driven environment, and can communicate well with both technical and non-technical staff located in different locations around the world. This position will report directly to the Director of Infrastructure Engineering.
What you will do:
- Develop automation code to deploy and maintain systems and applications that run and monitor Matterport services in multiple public clouds. Collaborate with Software Architects and Application Teams around the globe to ensure optimal software delivery, application performance, scalability to build highly resilient systems.
- Improve and strengthen our strategy in setting up, managing, and configuring our environments needed in R&D activities.
- Contribute your advanced knowledge of modern DevOps methodology and tooling to our Global DevOps and Engineering teams
- Participate in an on-call rotation.
Who you are:
- 3+ years of a healthy mix of Development and DevOps experience with AWS/Azure/GCP services (e.g. Compute. Storage, Database), Docker Containers, and Kubernetes.
- Experience using open-source technologies (such as Linux, APT, and others), IaC tools (such as Terraform), and automation tools (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, or Saltstack)
- Experience with container technology using Docker and Kubernetes.
- Ability to code your way out of problems using at least, Bash, Python, Ruby, or Go
- 3+ years managing monitoring, centralized logging, and reporting systems (examples: Datadog, SignalFX, New Relic, or other operations monitoring tools)
- Excellent troubleshooting skills with the ability to dig into logs and heuristics that affect application performance and overall system health.
- Good verbal and written English skills
- Enjoys working in a global team
Matterport is leading the digital transformation of the built world. Our groundbreaking spatial computing platform turns buildings into data making every space more valuable and accessible. Millions of buildings in more than 150 countries have been transformed into immersive Matterport digital twins to improve every part of the building lifecycle from planning, construction, and operations to documentation, appraisal, and marketing. We’re excited to announce that Matterport is now publicly listed on NASDAQ. It’s an exciting time to join us!
Overall, Matterport employees give their leadership a grade of A+, or Top 5% of similar size companies on Comparably. This includes specific ratings of their executive team, CEO, and manager.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.