Senior BE Engineer
- East Bay, CA, United States
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Silicon Valley, CA, United States
- Spring Boot
Meld is focused on building infrastructure for financial technology. We are a well-funded, early stage company started by veterans from Square and Paypal. We are looking for a core team to help us build a bold new vision for access to fintech services. We are looking for passionate technologists from diverse backgrounds that deliver by closely communicating & collaborating with others. We are remote friendly with offices in San Mateo, California.
About the role
We are seeking outstanding engineers to build out our core API platform that solves some of the most challenging technical and business problems in Fintech. Solid experience in building large scale, high-performance distributed systems in face of complex and often changing business logic is a must.
You are comfortable in dealing with lots of moving pieces; is detail oriented, and is eager to learn new technologies and systems. You can work independently, but is a collaborative team player who knows how to share knowledge, when to teach, and when to learn. By being so early on the team, you’ll be working with senior engineers who know their craft; together, you’ll collaborate in making some of the most significant decisions to empower the future growth of the company.
Equal representation is important to us: we encourage everyone to apply, we hope many of you across underrepresented gender and minority groups choose to join us. We want to build a transparent, multicultural, open-minded team that builds together.
- Partner with product management to deeply understand our customers’ needs in defining new features & enhancements
- Develop close relationships with product management, operations and engineering peers
- Become an expert in several fintech domains and mentor junior team members
- Design powerful APIs that integrate disparate fintech experiences including payments, underwriting, account validation, et al.
- Build a comprehensive set of tools to enable a delightful developer experience for payment related products
- Proactively improve our architecture, frameworks, tooling, automation, and processes in collaboration with other senior peers
- Have broad autonomy and responsibility for formulating the best solution possible and working with your peers to deliver it
- 8+ years of experience designing, implementing and testing Java code
- Extensive hands-on experience implementing & scaling distributed SOA systems
- Designed highly available and observable distributed services
- Juggled multiple competing product priorities vs. engineering investments
- Used RDBMS (preferably Postgresql)
- Worked on Cloud platforms (preferably AWS)
- Led and mentored junior Software Engineers
- Worked in a fast paced environment in Agile methodology
- bonus: experience in SpringBoot, Gradle, Redis & NoSQL
About our benefits and perks
Despite being an early stage company, we’re excited to offer comprehensive and competitive benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401(k) for pre-tax retirement savings. Our salary and equity package is competitive: we want to attract the best folks!
We are remote friendly, and encourage people within the US and Canada to join us from where they want to live. We trust our team members’ to work productively and responsibly from wherever they are based. We have a high trust PTO policy: team members should take as much time as they need to rest and recharge. We only request proper planning and communication with colleagues and team members.
While we have an office in the SF Bay Area, we’ve also developed some creative ways to be a remote team that has fun together! It’s important to us that our culture is remote friendly and inclusive from day one.
Meld is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About Meld Universal Inc.
We're a platform melding FinTech services together in an easy to use API.
We value a gritty, resourceful attitude when it comes to work. We want people who are adaptable and flexible in getting our startup off the launch pad. We are commited to being Open, Honest and Direct in our communication and care of team members' growth. Team members are expected to be incredibly customer focused, passionate about their craft, while being eager to evolve.
- Spring Boot
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.