Backend Software Engineer
- Berlin, BE, Germany
- Boston, MA, United States
- $100k - $150k
- 0.1% - 0.3%
Memfault is seeking a Backend Engineer to join our engineering team. Our tight-knit team manages a platform that stretches from the metal to the cloud and enables millions of devices to work without a hitch.
We have decades for hardware experience from Fitbit, Oculus, Intel, and Pebble and have the backing of fantastic investors like YCombinator and Uncork Capital.
We offer full benefits (health, vision, dental, 401k), unlimited PTO, and competitive pay and equity packages.
Our tech stack:
Python, TypeScript, Node.js, React, Webpack PostgreSQL, TimescaleDB, Redis, AWS, Docker
- Help bring modern development tools & practices to a whole software engineering discipline
- Architect & scale our backend to accommodate tens of millions of devices (and more!)
- Work on an amazingly deep stack: firmware, operating systems, mobile, web
- Ship code early and often to customers
- Have a major impact on our product, our infrastructure, our culture and our business
- A backend developer with 3+ years of experience building highly available and scalable web services in Python (experience with Django, Flask, SQLAlchemy a plus)
- Experienced with RESTful API design & ORM concepts
- Passionate about software unit & integration testing
- Excited to learn more about hardware and embedded software
- Caring and kind: other people do better when they work with you
Memfault is the first observability platform for hardware. We are a YC and Uncork Capital-backed developer tool built by veterans of Fitbit, Oculus, and Pebble
We started with error reporting. Imagine having to talk to your customers on the phone to get details on bugs they encounter on your website or in your mobile app? That's still the state of the art for hardware.
This is a big and growing problem. Connected devices are everywhere: there are more of them than cellphones, laptops, and tablets combined. Increasingly, they are running complex software to leverage machine learning and computer vision at the edge. The current state of tools is untenable in the face of growth in both numbers and complexity.
Come work with us to bring an entire category into the 21st century, and redefine how millions of engineers build their products.
What we are: low ego, well-rounded, experienced, transparent, caring & kind. What we are not: work-hard-play-hard, move-fast-and-break-things, fake-it-til-you-make-it
Every employee can review our financial statements, read our CEO's inbox, and make major decisions on behalf of the business. We believe helping one's coworkers is consistently higher impact that finishing one's own tasks. We're in it for the long haul, so we value work life balance and consistency.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.