Software Engineer - Full-Stack
- $100k - $160k
- 0.3% - 0.5%
- Google Cloud Platform
About the Role
As a Software Engineer - Full-Stack, you will lead the development & optimization of Metaview's web applications (web-based creator tools, external website and internal content management system) and contribute to the backend API that powers our mobile application. Alongside the full-stack eng team, mobile eng team, product designer, and chief product officer, you will be a member of a skilled, nimble squad that is building towards public launch this fall. As the team & product scope grows, you will help to define team culture and improve engineering processes / tools to increase team effectiveness. If you enjoy fast-paced development / continuous iteration, prefer problem solving in small teams, and love gaming / gaming content, Metaview is the place to be.
- Lead the development of Metaview's web properties, including creator content tools, external website, and our internal content management system (React, Node, Express, FIrebase, MongoDB)
- Own and contribute to the software architecture of our web applications including backend and API services
- Act as a key stakeholder in product planning, roadmap review, and resource allocation
- Provide mentorship to the engineering team and help to build team culture, processes, and tools
- Work across both technical and business focused teams to deliver a first-class viewing experience
- 2+ years of software development experience across both back-end and front-end technologies
- Familiarity with Node.js and associated web frameworks
- Experience launching web applications or features, preferably work shipped to thousands of users
- Ability to communicate complicated technical problems to both technical and business audiences
- Self-starter mentality - must be able to effectively work independently and autonomously
- High degree of accountability and sense of ownership
- Experience with front-end web frameworks, preferably React
- Experience with Firebase & document-oriented databases
- Experience with the AWS ecosystem (EC2, S3, Elastic Beanstalk)
- Familiarity with Mobile Development and system design to ensure performance
- Familiarity with streaming technologies, video compression, or mobile video playback
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Flexible PTO
- Your choice of hardware & software to get the job done
- Company-hosted travel to gaming / esports events
About Metaview Entertainment Inc.
Metaview is building the definitive mobile-first, gaming video content platform spotlighting the best clips and highlights from the games, creators and communities you love. Try out the Alpha iOS app at www.discord.gg/metaview! FYI: we are slowly coming out of Stealth (we're not on Linkedin).
We are innovating the way top content and influencers/creators are curated and consumed from the games and communities gamers love. We are building a new social-video gaming content platform from scratch and are aiming to leave a lasting mark in the gaming and content industry. We are looking for exceptional, deeply passionate technologists, gamers, and content creator & esports fans to take on this journey with us.
We're a professional, authentic and driven team aspiring to create a lasting experience in the gaming video and content creation world. Given our common interests and passion to succeed, we have a tight knit family feel and enjoy building together. During covid, we're a completely remote/WFH team — we all meet together at least 2x a week, beginning-of-week all hands and end-of-week happy hour. All of our team members stay in active daily contact with each other and their respective teams.
We all have a passion for gaming, content creators/influencers and/or esports but please note this is absolutely not a requirement! We welcome and encourage all candidates interested in Metaview and our roles to learn more about these segments — we're a great way to break into this field too.
Metaview Operating Tenets: (1) Content is King/Queen (2) Work Backwards toward your Goal (3) Test & Validate (4) Ownership (5) Support Each Other (6) Values & Integrity
- Google Cloud Platform
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.