- $130k - $180k
- 0.40% - 0.75%
- Google Cloud Platform
About the Position
As a Mobile Engineer at Metaview, you will own & contribute to feature development for the Metaview iOS application. Alongside the mobile engineering team, product designer, and head of product, you will prioritize, design, and implement application features while contributing to and integrating with backend services. As the team & product scope grows, you will help to define team culture and improve engineering processes / tools to increase team effectiveness. If you want to take on the challenge of building the next big social video platform in gaming, Metaview is the place to be.
- Develop and deliver features for the Metaview’s iOS application (currently in Alpha), owning & contributing to features through inception, design, implementation, and launch
- Contribute to Metaview's API layer and content recommendation algorithms
- Maintain features in the iOS application, from testing to deployment & crash analytics
- Help to define engineering team culture, processes, and tools
- Work across both technical and business focused teams to deliver a first-class viewing experience
- 2+ years of application development experience on iOS
- Strong proficiency with Swift and the iOS development ecosystem
- Experience launching mobile applications or features, preferably work shipped to a large number of consumer users
- Ability to communicate complicated technical problems to both technical and business audiences
- Self-starter mentality - must be able to effectively work independently and autonomously
- High degree of accountability and sense of ownership
- Experience working with AVPlayer for both video and audio playback
- Familiarity with Firebase / GCP
- Familiarity with the MERN stack - MongoDB, Express, React, and Node
- Experience with streaming technologies, video compression, or mobile video playback
- Familiarity with mobile-first, social platforms - e.g. TikTok, Instagram
- Equity (0.4% - 0.75%)
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Flexible PTO
- Your choice of hardware & software to get the job done
- Company-hosted travel to gaming / esports events
About Metaview Entertainment Inc.
Metaview is building the definitive mobile-first, gaming video content platform spotlighting the best clips and highlights from the games, creators and communities you love. Try out the Alpha iOS app at www.discord.gg/metaview! FYI: we are slowly coming out of Stealth (we're not on Linkedin).
We are innovating the way top content and influencers/creators are curated and consumed from the games and communities gamers love. We are building a new social-video gaming content platform from scratch and are aiming to leave a lasting mark in the gaming and content industry. We are looking for exceptional, deeply passionate technologists, gamers, and content creator & esports fans to take on this journey with us.
We're a professional, authentic and driven team aspiring to create a lasting experience in the gaming video and content creation world. Given our common interests and passion to succeed, we have a tight knit family feel and enjoy building together. During covid, we're a completely remote/WFH team — we all meet together at least 2x a week, beginning-of-week all hands and end-of-week happy hour. All of our team members stay in active daily contact with each other and their respective teams.
We all have a passion for gaming, content creators/influencers and/or esports but please note this is absolutely not a requirement! We welcome and encourage all candidates interested in Metaview and our roles to learn more about these segments — we're a great way to break into this field too.
Metaview Operating Tenets: (1) Content is King/Queen (2) Work Backwards toward your Goal (3) Test & Validate (4) Ownership (5) Support Each Other (6) Values & Integrity
- Google Cloud Platform
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.