Backend Engineer (Blockchain)
- Los Angeles, CA, United States
- $140k - $170k
- 0.15% - 0.50%
- Google Cloud Platform
As a Backend Engineer (Blockchain), you will help to pioneer an unannounced project that aims to shake up the gaming creator patronage model. You will lead development on Metaview's decentralized systems and manage the interface between Metaview's backend and existing blockchains in the market (e.g. Ethereum, Flow). If you're looking for real world application of web 3.0 systems, this might be the perfect role for you.
- Lead the development of Metaview's decentralized systems, powering fungible and non-fungible tokens
- Contribute to the development and optimization of Metaview's API - currently RESTful on Firebase's cloud functions (Node.js)
- Wear multiple hats - we have exciting projects related to blockchain tech, video engineering, and machine learning just to name a few
- Act as a key stakeholder in product planning, roadmap review, and resource allocation
- Provide mentorship to the engineering team and help to build team culture, processes, and tools
- 3+ years of software development experience across backend technologies
- Deep understanding of blockchain technologies and experience writing smart contracts
- High degree of accountability and sense of ownership
- Self-starter mentality - must be able to effectively work independently and autonomously
- Familiarity with ERC-20 tokens or similar fungible token standards
- Proficiency writing and shipping SQL code in a large-scale relational database environment
- Competitive with top Series A funded startups with existing product and traction.
- HQ in Los Angeles, CA with flexible partial week WFH policy.
- Remote OK with travel to HQ for team onsite visits.
About Metaview Entertainment Inc.
Metaview is a team of 15 who have built some of the biggest global successes in the gaming creator economy, esports and video games. We’re led by former Twitch leaders, and are backed by a stellar group of VCs, strategics and operators that are deeply connected in the gaming, creator and crypto industries.
We’re building the next generation gaming content platform that will redefine fan-to-creator and the creator-to-platform relationship through Social Tokens and Creator Short-Form Content. Our vision is to enable fans and creators, for the first time ever, to own a piece of the social economy that they help grow — at Metaview, we believe all stakeholders should benefit from platform growth as one collective community at large.
If you're looking to build and trailblaze at a company doing something truly unique in the gaming x creator economy industries, please reach out and/or apply to one of our job postings. We’re looking for exceptional, passionate builders including blockchain specialists, hackers, technologists, gaming experts, product gurus, and creator economy enthusiasts to take on this journey with us.
We're a professional, authentic and driven team aspiring to create a lasting platform and community experience in the gaming x creator economy x crypto industry at large. Given our common interests and passion to succeed, we have a tight knit family feel and enjoy building together. During covid, we're a completely remote/WFH team. All of our team members stay in active daily contact with each other and their respective teams.
We all have a passion for gaming, content creators, esports and crypto/blockchain but please note this is absolutely not a requirement! We welcome and encourage all candidates interested in Metaview and our roles to learn more about these segments — we're a great way to break into this field too.
- Google Cloud Platform
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.