At Mochary Method, we are creating software that helps CEOs operate their companies effectively, built upon the foundational ideas of the Mochary Method.
Our founder, Matt Mochary, is the leading tech CEO coach in the world. He currently coaches CEOs such as Brian Armstrong (Coinbase), Steve Huffman (Reddit), Henrique Dubugras and Pedro Franceschi (Brex), and many more. He started Mochary Method because CEOs of these companies were wishing for software to implement the company operating system that is Mochary Method.
We are a remote-first company with a team of 9 based in the USA, South America, and EU. (When we co-work, we do so during California working hours.) As a small team, we’re all generalists and constantly picking up new challenges. We’re looking for experienced people who can pick a problem and solve it.
→ You can learn more about us here
Why join us?
Already profitable. Currently at $1.2mm of annualized recurring revenue (ARR) and only $550k of expenses. So, we are already at a 60% profit margin, and we are growing revenue at about 50% each month, making us more and more profitable each month. We have a philosophy of keeping the team very small with only highly-paid rock stars. Given that we only need 1-2 more rock stars, we already have an infinite runway.
Insane growth. We have 8 customers currently, all of whom are CEOs of multi-billion dollar tech companies (Brian Armstrong @ Coinbase, Steve Huffman @ Reddit, Henrique/Pedro @ Brex, etc). Each is paying $150,000/yr for access to our product. We have a long waiting list of tech CEOs that are asking to be given access to our product. We are allowing 4 per month ($600,000 ARR) to come on board. We are choosing to accept the fastest-growing tech companies (Attentive Mobile, Confluent, Wildlife Studios, Viz, Newfront Insurance, Mattermost, Sonder, Zapier, Snapdocs, Vise, BioRender, etc).
Insane access to customers. We have never needed investors as our customers have been so eager for our product that they have funded our development by pre-paying for our product from Day 1. As a side note, the heads of Sequoia's Venture Fund (Alfred Lin) and Sequoia's Growth Fund (Pat Grady) also use and love our product. If we ever decide to take outside funding, they'd be more than happy to provide.
Engineering at Mochary Method
Our engineering team operates on 2-week cycles. Each cycle begins with a meeting to discuss time estimates for features, and ends with a demo meeting where each engineer can show off the work they've completed. Engineers typically work with a designer and any other interested parties to spec a feature, then work on the feature individually. We use Pull Requests on Gitlab to conduct code reviews. All engineers are also empowered to push code to production, which we often do multiple times a day.
We're building a company operating system that needs to handle millions of simultaneous real-time data requests.
By Day 30...
- Read Mochary Method Curriculum
- Shadow multiple engineers to learn our entire tech stack, release process, etc..
- Contributed to the codebase by completing 5 tickets in our Bug/UI Fixes dashboard
- Be reading and secondary-reviewer of at least 5 MR's in Gitlab
- Do 4 coaching sessions with your manager to familiarize yourself with the tool
- Write integration tests for a single part of the system that is missing that you interacted with while working
- Write documentation for a single part of the system that is missing or poorly documented that you ran into trouble with while working
By Day 60...
- Shadow meetings where architecture is being discussed and decided upon
- Start working on small-to-medium size projects, picking them up as you finish bug/ui fixes
- Be reading and secondary-reviewer of at least 10 MR's in Gitlab
- Create 1 new spec for a project that you feel our tool is missing. Share it for feedback with peers and to create buy-in.
- Write integration tests for 3 parts of the system that are missing that you interacted with while working
- Write documentation for 3 parts of the system that are missing or poorly documented that you ran into trouble with while working
By Day 90...
- Have successfully shipped a least one small and one medium size project
- Be reading and primary-reviewer of at least 5 MR's in Gitlab
- Started working on a large project, helping flesh out the spec and begun engineering
- Be making decisions about code and architecture projects as they come up
Working at Mochary Method
We value a scrappy, resourceful attitude towards work. We love it when people go out of their way to make our product better.
We hire the best available people, period. Without regard for gender, race, religion, etc. Separately, we fund training for under-represented minorities so that they can become the best available people.
We believe in knowing each other as human beings. We spend the first few minutes of every interaction asking about the highlights in each other's personal lives. We also collect feedback at every interaction, encouraging each team member to express their fear, anger, sadness, etc. This results in us optimizing how we operate for each person. Our team members all say that Mochary Method is by far the best place that they have ever worked!
We pay for URM to attend coding schools to advance their knowledge.
As part of our commitment to an inclusive workplace, we are happy to offer prospective engineers the chance to connect with our engineering employees who come from underrepresented backgrounds. It’s a way to get a better sense of our team and what it might be like to work with us.
If you’re interested in connecting with our team, be sure to bring this up during one of our introductory calls!
We have very few meetings, and are only concerned with output, not hours. As long as you produce, we don't care where, when or how you do it. That being said, if you don't produce, no matter how many hours you're putting in, we will likely part ways.
Work from Home
We are a fully remote company. We believe in excellent Work From Home setups, and we will help you create one.
We are 33% LGBTQ+, and 100% LGBTQ-friendly.
While we are 100% remote, we are also more than happy to support your visa process.
We have an associated foundation (Mochary Foundation) that is very effectively helping to reduce institutional poverty and mass incarceration in the US.
$150 / month fitness stipend
$150 / month house cleaning stipend
We provide full medical and dental for US-based employees.
Unlimited vacation policy
Interested in this company?
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.