- San Francisco, CA, United States
- We are a Y-Combinator ‘16 startup based in San Francisco, and we’re hiring hands-on devops engineers to implement a modern AWS stack.
- Our SaaS business is +484% in 2020. We've raised $11+ million, 40 employees, cash-flow, TechCrunch / Hackernews coverage, and growing rapidly.
- Competitive offer, super positive team. We’ve been ‘Remote 1st’ since 2016. Must reside in USA.
- 5 yrs+ hands-on experience as a devops engineer.
- Expert in common AWS services (EC2, S3, Route 53, Lambda, Cloudwatch, RDS, etc.).
- Fluent in Terraform or CloudFormation.
- Fast & proficient at Linux CLI.
- Can write clean, simple, commented code.
- Be a hard worker and help us crank out high-quality devops daily as an individual contributor.
- Backend: REST API in Node, Hapi, Express.
- DB: MySQL and Redis.
- Frontend: React, Redux, Babel, Webpack.
- Ops: EC2, RDS, S3, Lambda, Cognito, IAM, Cloudwatch, Datadog, Rollbar, CircleCI.
Full-time with A+ benefits & equity option. Must be located in United States. We cannot sponsor applicants for work visas.
At Modal, we build the future of automotive retail, for some of the world's largest auto brands and retailers. Modal's digital commerce platform allows global auto brands and dealers to delight their customers with transparent digital commerce, that fits into their own website and showroom experiences.
Modal is a team of elite technology and design experts, from some of the world's most respected companies: Google, Facebook, Tesla, Paypal, Accenture, and many more.
Modal's investors, like Peter Thiel, Y Combinator, Khosla Ventures, and others, have started and backed some of the world's most impactful companies: Paypal, YouTube, Tesla, SpaceX, Square, Stripe, AirBnb, Cruise, and many more.
We're driven by data and design, and we think we can make a dent in the universe. How about you?
You can sum up Modal's company culture in two words: progressive, and focused. Modal's culture is very progressive compared to most; engineers in particular are given near full autonomy to complete their projects, and Modal's flat structure means they have access to anyone, anytime, CEO included. The reason Modal can afford to give engineers such autonomy, is because Modal's culture is also very focused on businesses metrics and performance. You may be an engineer, but after working at Modal you'll know as much as an MBA about business metrics. What's more, you'll always know why you're working, because you'll be directly impacting those metrics.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.