Senior Data Engineer
- New York, NY, United States
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Silicon Valley, CA, United States
- Washington, D.C., DC, United States
- Phoenix, AZ, United States
Mosaic is a construction technology company focusing on homebuilding. We serve as a turn-key general contractor for medium-sized homebuilders while also developing a software platform that we use to automate and streamline our construction operations. Our vision is to leverage our platform to create the world’s most scalable homebuilding operation and to empower homebuilders everywhere.
Today, with our Series A led by Andreessen Horowitz, $24M+ in total funding, and a recent $100M partnership with a best-in-class, innovative homebuilder, we’re launching our platform to build better communities together with our partner towards our mission of making places people love and making them widely available.
We have one speed at Mosaic: full speed. With over 100 homes under active construction, we have an incredible advantage over the rest of the construction technology industry. Our ability to move quickly, stay nimble, and embrace change is critical to maintaining that advantage. Our strategy, projects, titles, and focus may change. But what will not change is our speed. Individuals who exhibit and resonate with these values are likely to find success with us. You can read more about Mosaic and our mission here.
Mosaic is seeking a Senior Data Engineer to join its Engineering and Data Science Teams. As a construction technology company that manages and performs construction, we have the opportunity to capture data from our operations and use it to drive innovation in building communities. In this role, you will contribute to the teams’ efforts to enable data-driven decision-making by building tools to gather, validate, and make accessible data from across the company. This is the first full-time Data Engineer role on the teams, and consequently will be an important contributor to establishing the foundations of data at Mosaic. Our current tech stack is Node, Postgres, React, and GraphQL, and we are using Tableau and Metabase for visualizations and reporting.
Locations: D.C., Phoenix, San Francisco, Remote.
In this role, you will:
- Design, develop, and maintain core data models
- Build and maintain a data warehouse
- Design, develop, and maintain ETL/ELT pipelines and tools for gathering, validating, and reporting on internal and external datasets
- Collaborate with fellow engineers to maintain Mosaic’s high-quality operational database
- Collaborate cross-functionally to ensure the accuracy of data
- Make key contributions to creating the infrastructure, processes, recruiting, and culture-building to make Mosaic a best-in-class organization when it comes to data
- Bachelor’s in computer science or related field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in backend application and/or data engineering, with expertise in Python, SQL, and data warehouse and visualization tools
- Strong interest in all things data
- Strong communication skills, including for communicating with non-technical stakeholders
- Attention to detail
- A deep understanding of proven technology and a deep interest in new technology
- Experience with Agile software development practices and related tools (e.g., Jira)
- Experience with data reporting and visualization tools such Metabase and/or Tableau
- Experience with data warehouse solutions such as Amazon Redshift, Google BigQuery, and/or Snowflake, as well as related tools such as Panoply
- Interest in construction, architecture, and/or affordable housing
We Promise You:
- Competitive salary with substantial equity and 401(k)
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Sincere commitment to your growth.
Check out company news on the Mosaic blog or read this recent announcement from our investors!
Interested in other opportunities at Mosaic? Visit our Careers Page to view all of our current job openings.
Mosaic is a construction technology company making homebuilding more scalable. We offer general-contracting-as-a-service to manage construction on behalf of homebuilders, enabling them to build more homes more efficiently. To do so, we create software to power our construction team. By standardizing the process (homebuilding) and not the product (homes), we’re delivering places people love and creating better communities.
With our Series A led by Andreessen Horowitz, $24M+ in total funding, and a recent $100M partnership with a best-in-class, innovative homebuilder, we’ve launched our platform to build better communities together and work towards our mission of building places people love and making them widely available.
Mosaic’s mission is to help people feel at home in the world. To that end, we welcome what makes each team member unique in background or experiences and are committed to ensuring their happiness at Mosaic and growth in their careers. Just as we seek to create communities that help people discover their purpose, so do we seek to create a team culture that can do the same. As a team, we meet once every month or two in for a multi-day retreat in different destinations across the US. We call these Heartbeat meetings and its a time for the entire team to come together, discuss strategies, business, cook meals together, play board games and go on hikes.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.