Senior Data Scientist - Marketplace
- Los Angeles, CA, United States
- $140k - $200k
- 0.2% - 0.6%
- React Native
We are building the future of freight
At Mothership, we believe in unlocking the world's potential through speeding up the delivery of everything people need. Started in 2017, we’re backed by some of venture capital’s best investors and have already become the logistics backbone for many of today’s most innovative companies.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you’ll be building the next generation logistics platform that leverages our unique marketplace structure, enormous trove of data, and cutting edge research to provide a world class service for businesses across the nation. Since we own the entire stack of fulfillment, we are flexible enough to build any moonshot ideas that you can dream of. Your goal is to redesign the way that freight is moved for the internet age.
As an early member of our growing data science team, you’ll be setting the direction of our data science efforts and architecting systems that will shape our company for years to come.
The ideal individual for this position is someone who is highly creative and is looking for extreme ownership to spread wings and test limits. They’re focused on action and lead by example in a hands on and collaborative way.
What you'll get to do
- Build solutions that leverage our marketplace to optimize our real-time fulfillment system. This includes building efficient routes, ensuring high service reliability and availability, and optimizing pricing for supply and demand
- Create models to deal with uncertainty along the logistics fulfillment process
- Create models to predict supply and demand across our service areas
- Using data to create next generation products that make our drivers superhuman
What success looks like in this role
- 3+ years experience working in a quantitative role at a product company or a research organization
- Ability to write efficient and eloquent code in Python
- Strong background in statistics or optimization
- Strong product senseStrong communication skills and the ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Direct experience working on balancing supply and demand in a complex marketplace
- Being a creative and outside the box thinker who isn’t afraid of breaking the rules on how things should be done in this industry
- Strong storytelling
Technologies we're working with
- NodeJS + Express
- React & React Native
About Mothership Technologies, Inc.
Our platform allows shippers to book and connect freight with a nearby truck in under a minute. They save time and receive optimal rates while enjoying a paperless process and access to real-time tracking.
Driver partners earn more and set their businesses on auto-pilot when we fill otherwise wasted space with optimally routed freight, eliminate the need for after hours paperwork and pay them out instantly.
We are hackers at heart who run fast and do more with less. Our unlimited vacation policy and office amenities are only but a small perk atop the endless stack of interesting and complicated problems to solve. Engineers at Mothership crave building and adopting the latest and greatest technologies.
- React Native
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.