Senior Software Engineer - Backend
- Los Angeles, CA, United States
- $140k - $180k
- 0.1% - 0.4%
- React Native
We are building the future of freight
At Mothership, we believe in unlocking the world's potential through speeding up the delivery of everything people need. Started in 2017, we’re backed by some of venture capital’s best investors and have already become the logistics backbone for many of today’s most innovative companies.
To accelerate our mission and success, we’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer with a proven track record to build and expand our world class team. If that's you, come help us reshape logistics. Together we'll replace tired and comfortable incumbents with a modern marketplace built around speed, ease of use and fairness.
The ideal candidate for this position should have an established background in building highly scalable systems and system design, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. Enjoyment in working on complex systems and a drive to build quality software is a must. Lastly, this individual should have a client-centered outlook and passion for achieving operational goals via quality software to succeed.
What you'll get to do
- Join a fast-growing engineering team and build backend services to deliver the best freight shipping experience in the universe
- Build features to enhance our driver mobile app experience and build tools to enhance our sophisticated internal management system to help our operations team succeed
- Support mobile and web clients through REST APIs, microservices and a realtime database
- Design, develop and implement optimization algorithms and leverage machine learning and analytics tools to improve our routing and predictions platforms
- Build for scalability as we quickly grow and expand our network from a few to many cities
What success looks like in this role
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science or equivalent
- 4+ years in a senior software engineer role
- Strong experience with modern programming language, especially Typescript and Node.js
- Strong experience building scalable REST APIs and microservices to support mobile and web clients
- Experience writing comprehensive unit and integration tests
- Experience with databases, especially non-relational, document-oriented DBs (MongoDB)
- Experience with dev-ops tools and SaaS services (Heroku, AWS, Firebase)
- Comfortable with fast-paced, collaborative, iterative environment
- Experience working at a tech startup
- Familiarity with machine learning, AI platforms
- Familiarity with route optimization
- Familiarity with dev-ops tools and SaaS services (Heroku, AWS, Firebase)
Technologies we're working with
- NodeJS + Express
- React & React Native
About Mothership Technologies, Inc.
Our platform allows shippers to book and connect freight with a nearby truck in under a minute. They save time and receive optimal rates while enjoying a paperless process and access to real-time tracking.
Driver partners earn more and set their businesses on auto-pilot when we fill otherwise wasted space with optimally routed freight, eliminate the need for after hours paperwork and pay them out instantly.
We are hackers at heart who run fast and do more with less. Our unlimited vacation policy and office amenities are only but a small perk atop the endless stack of interesting and complicated problems to solve. Engineers at Mothership crave building and adopting the latest and greatest technologies.
- React Native
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.