Senior Software Engineer - Frontend
- Los Angeles, CA, United States
- $120k - $160k
- 0.1% - 0.4%
- React Native
We are building the future of freight
At Mothership, we believe in unlocking the world's potential through speeding up the delivery of everything people need. Started in 2017, we’re backed by some of venture capital’s best investors and have already become the logistics backbone for many of today’s most innovative companies.
To accelerate our mission and success, we’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer with a proven track record to build and expand our world class team. If that's you, come help us reshape logistics. Together we'll replace tired and comfortable incumbents with a modern marketplace built around speed, ease of use and fairness.
The ideal candidate for this position should have an established background in building highly scalable, responsive, low latency real-time user interfaces for high traffic web and mobile applications. Enjoyment in working on complex systems and a drive to build quality software is a must. Lastly, this individual should have a product-centered outlook and passion for achieving operational goals via quality software to succeed.
What you’ll get to do
- Work hand in hand with our design team on modern user interfaces and experiences.
- Spec the architecture and execution of our web and mobile front-end clients.
- Design and build dynamic, responsive, low latency and real-time user interfaces in next generation frameworks such as React.
- Work within a strongly test driven development structure.
- Constantly monitor performance using the latest tools to increase stability and efficiency.
- Work with our acquisition team to increase overall conversion through rigorous A/B and user funnel tests.
- Establish key metrics to indicate success or failure after new product rollouts.
- Help build a world class team of front-end engineers around you.
What success looks like in this role
- 4+ years building dynamic, responsive, low latency and real-time user interfaces for high traffic web and mobile products.
- Deep knowledge of React and NodeJS built with Redux, Sagas and Thunks.
- Experience doing in-person user research and effectively using the findings.
- Ability to build out component based front-end architecture.
- Experience working with designers communicating in a clear and concise way.
- Understanding of complex user tasks that scale from novice to advanced.
- Experience working in a fast paced and execution focused environment.
- Strong accountability, work ethic and sense of urgency.
- Experience working at a tech startup
- Familiarity with machine learning, AI platforms
- Familiarity with route optimization
- Familiarity with React, React Native and/or native mobile development
Technologies we're working with
- NodeJS + Express
- React & React Native
About Mothership Technologies, Inc.
Our platform allows shippers to book and connect freight with a nearby truck in under a minute. They save time and receive optimal rates while enjoying a paperless process and access to real-time tracking.
Driver partners earn more and set their businesses on auto-pilot when we fill otherwise wasted space with optimally routed freight, eliminate the need for after hours paperwork and pay them out instantly.
We are hackers at heart who run fast and do more with less. Our unlimited vacation policy and office amenities are only but a small perk atop the endless stack of interesting and complicated problems to solve. Engineers at Mothership crave building and adopting the latest and greatest technologies.
- React Native
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.