Seasoned Software Engineer
- Washington, D.C., DC, United States
- Denver, CO, United States
- $130k - $175k
- 0.1% - 0.2%
- Google Cloud Platform
- Ruby on Rails
MotoRefi is a ~2.5 year old company that saves people money through an online, transparent, and customer-friendly auto loan refinance process. We partner with credit unions and community banks to offer competitive rates from trustworthy organizations. While our core business continues to grow aggressively, we are also expanding into new ways to improve our customers' financial health. We recently raised our Series A.
About the Job
Our growth and expansion means that our consumer web application needs to be highly polished, yet designed with sufficient flexibility to add new products, customize workflows, and cobrand with our partners. We also develop and maintain internal applications that provide significant leverage to our operations teammates. The backend that runs all of this is evolving toward an event sourced architecture that supports the highly asynchronous and multi-modal workflows we are automating. Our current stage provides a seasoned full stack engineer with a healthy mix of familiar and novel challenges, and a high degree of agency to solve them.
You most likely identify with many of these qualities:
- Passionate software engineer that loves building polished products
- Collaborator that thrives in a social atmosphere and actively contributes to improving processes, workflows, and communication
- Maker who doesn’t relent until finding a both elegant and practical solution to a problem
- Systems thinker who understands the value of automation and infrastructure as code
- Quick study that readily picks up new languages, frameworks, and tools
- Person who cares deeply that your work realizes positive outcomes for our world
What we are looking for
There are always exceptions, and we are looking for exceptional individuals, so nothing on this list is strictly required. However, if some of these match your experiences, then you would likely thrive in this role:
- Built and maintained web services that were subjected to a high request volume
- Built interactive web applications using a modern framework
- Implemented monitoring and alerting to understand the health of the apps and diagnose issues
- Utilized a variety of databases for different use cases (e.g., relational, document, graph, object storage)
- Scaled out infrastructure using automation tooling (e.g., Pulumi, Terraform, CDK)
Technologies we teach and use
- TypeScript, Scala, Ruby, Python
- Next.js (React.js), Google Firebase, Apache Beam, Rails
- Postgresql, Redis, FireStore, BigQuery, S3/GCS
- Heroku, Google Cloud (PubSub, Functions, and others)
- Rollbar, Segment, CodeFresh, LogDNA
- Flexible hours and remote work
- Fantastic health, dental, and vision
- Three weeks of annual PTO
- 6-10 weeks of parental leave
- Culture focused on cross-functional collaboration
- Early stage equity
- Lots of choice in workstation, peripherals, tools, etc.
- Coffee, tea, soda, and healthy snacks (once office reopens)
- Coworkers are passionate about working in our customers’ best interests
MotoRefi is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, marital status, military or protected veteran status, genetics, or any other characteristic.
MotoRefi is a ~3 year old company that saves people money through an online, transparent, and customer-friendly auto loan refinance process. We partner with credit unions and community banks to offer competitive rates from trustworthy organizations. While our core business continues to grow aggressively, we are also expanding into new ways to improve our customers' financial health. We recently raised our Series A.
In product and engineering, we strongly focus on cross-functional collaboration for problem solving and continuous improvement (of processes, code, documents, and anything else).
Company-wide, we subscribe to the following general values: - See people as people - Take care of each other - Commit to the mission - Move quickly and bravely - Get better every day - Seek truth
- Google Cloud Platform
- Ruby on Rails
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.