- New York, NY, United States
- React Native
Who we are
Narmi powers the online banking, mobile banking, digital account opening and banking APIs of banks and credit unions (not-for-profit retail banks) across the US. We help Americans better understand their financial story without having to sacrifice their privacy. Our platform manages billions of dollars and moves millions of dollars a month. Our systems provide modern, intuitive user and programmatic interfaces to financial data and systems.
What you'll do
We are a startup and are looking for someone who is excited by the prospect of working in a small team and founding our reliability engineering team. Working in a small team offers many rewards and a great amount of responsibility.
We are looking for hybrid engineers who will design and manage our infrastructure while improving reliability and efficiency. We use tools like Terraform and Ansible to provision and configure our cloud systems, CI/CD systems to automate tasks, and Elasticsearch to understand our systems. We're looking for engineers who want to be a part of developing, maintaining, and scaling our systems using the next generation of technologies - whatever they may be.
- Work on automating our operations and configuration.
- Improve existing infrastructure, replacing existing systems with greenfield work when appropriate.
- Evolve our systems to scale for the load we expect to see next year, not merely the load we’re handling today.
- Investigate problems and discover the right tools to solve them.
- BS (or higher, e.g., MS, or PhD) in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience
- Ability to diagnose technical problems, debug code, and automate routine tasks
- Analytical approach coupled with solid communication skills and a sense of ownership
- Have native proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
Why you should join
- Full Transparency – we communicate our successes and our failures. Successes are celebrated and failures are analyzed to understand how we can do better.
- Opportunity for Growth – if you are a top performer, you will be rewarded. We are a meritocracy and would like to see you succeed.
- Always Be Learning – we want Narmi to be the best job you ever have. Our leadership team is personally committed to ensuring you develop on a personal level while working at Narmi.
We believe that high-performing teams include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we actively seek a diverse pool of applicants, including those from historically marginalized groups.
Where we can hire
- Be located or willing to work in New York City
- Be a citizen of the United States or authorized to work in the United States
Narmi (Techstars NYC '17 and Grand Central Tech) is changing how banking is done in the United States. We partner with existing banks and credit unions to transform their digital banking. Our online banking, mobile banking and open banking API help Americans better understand their financial story and interact with their finances.
We're already used by dozens of financial institutions to manage and move millions every day, and we're still growing! We just raised $20MM from NEA and associated investors to create the best business and consumer banking experience in the USA. Come see what we're up to!
We are a small, hard-working team that has a bias towards shipping.
- React Native
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.