Senior Backend Architect
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- $130k - $220k
- 0.01% - 0.80%
- Ruby on Rails
We at NexHealth understand that we are all patients, and our mission is to make every patient experience better. Our values represent the basis of our culture of customer-obsession, transparency and trust. This defines how we want to interact with each other and the world.
NexHealth's patient experience management platform enables practices to offer patients a 2020, One Medical, VIP end to end experience. We're serving thousands of doctors all across America and Canada, with millions of patients who have used NexHealth. We're on a path to high growth, especially as we expand to other specialties in healthcare. It is critical that our platform can ingest data at a large scale while ensuring high availability for end users.
As a senior backend engineer, you'll be giving healthcare a major update - from version Stone Age to 2020. Doctors rely on NexHealth to run their practices. This requires a bullet proof ironclad highly available secure system. You'll have the opportunity to architect, develop and deploy new infrastructure, services and APIs. You'll develop secure, mission critical tools, automation and features for doctors, office staff and patients. You'll spearhead new projects and initiatives from design to production.
- are ambitious and want to build a large scale system that can support a blitz scaling startup
- love to own projects from end to end, executing on designs involving fellow engineers
- like getting direct feedback from customers so you can improve the work you output
- love working in a fast paced environment and can conform to change quickly and efficiently.
- stay organized and focused under pressure
- want to build a product millions of people use
- want to change the landscape of healthcare
- want to have a say in the company direction and build a culture in a small team
- Build well thought out, well designed back-end infrastructure, services and APIs to support new and existing product initiatives
- Revamp existing features to become more integrated with all other features
- Collaborate with other team members to continue to scale our architecture, taking into account the needs of today while remaining flexible enough to evolve for the needs of tomorrow
- Participate in all phases of SDLC - requirements, design, and development through testing, deployment, maintenance and support.
- Create new micro-services and help decompose our monolith
- Work on scaling various pieces of infrastructure
- Staying abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages
- 6+ years of industry experience building large-scale backend systems
- Strong in Ruby/Rails
- Experience with AWS - EC2, Lambda, Beanstalk, Cloud Formation, RDS, Redshift, and more
- Experience with deploy processes around Docker, CI/CD and other new technologies in DevOps
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree, preferably in CS, or equivalent experience
- Ability to write high performance production quality code.
- Experience and interest in working with other engineers and cross functional partners in product and design to build a world class online and offline product
- Experience building a public API used by multiple vendors
- Experience with Sidekiq/multi-threaded
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including pairing
- Effectively give and receive feedback, both positive and constructive
Your day will consist of:
- Daily standups to stay in sync for a fast moving team
- Implement solutions through the entirety of the SDLC, including testing, deployment, and operationalization
- Designing solutions to feature requirements as prioritized by Product Management
- Working with customers to solve bugs and issues
- Troubleshooting production issues as they arise and building a more fault-tolerant system
- Reviewing fellow engineer’s code prior to shipping
- Pairing with other team members, embracing a culture of collaboration and mutual respect to solve complex problems
- Create generic solutions to complex problems
We connect patients, doctors, and developers to accelerate healthcare innovation. Our customers range from independent doctors offices like Grand Street Dental to public tech companies like SmileDirectClub. We help doctors modernize their businesses, help developers innovate faster, and help patients receive a modern healthcare experience.
Traction: Progress: $10M ARR, 30M patients, and 25K doctors. Growing 200%+ annually. Team: 90+, and hoping to be around 200 by end of year. Funding: >$50M, just closed series B! Mission: to accelerate digital healthcare innovation.
Potential impact: NexHealth scaled out with our network of doctors, patients, and developers means a world where our healthcare system is living in the 21st century, and innovation is accelerated.
At NexHealth, we're mission driven. We're a small team with a mission to get our products in the hands of every person that sees a doctor. If we can achieve our goal, it will change the world. We believe we're the Edisons, Fords, and Karl Benzs of our time.
We like to work with people who are independent thinkers and entrepreneurial go getters with a real sense of urgency. Here are our values:
Customer obsession: Every decision we make is with the customer in mind. Happy customers are always a winning strategy.
Meritocracy and honesty: We believe the best ideas always win. However, in order for the best ideas to win we believe every team member needs to be blunt, honest, and bring problems to surface even if it means making your teammates uncomfortable.
Hustle: In order to change the world and achieve something great, we believe you need to get more done with less. Work harder, longer, AND smarter.
Be yourself: You're allowed to be your true authentic self at NexHealth. We talk about all sorts of ideas and topics at NexHealth, from politics to SpongeBob Squarepants. And through it all, you're okay to be your true self.
If this culture and mission excites you, we'd love to work with you :).
- Ruby on Rails
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.