- New York, NY, United States
- $150k - $210k
- 0.0% - 0.0%
- iOS Development
- Apache Spark
At Noom, we use scientifically proven methods to help our users create healthier lifestyles, and manage important conditions like Type-II Diabetes, Obesity, and Hypertension. Our Engineering team is at the forefront of this challenge, solving complex technical and UX problems on mobile and on the web to help our users make positive changes in their lives.
We are looking for a Staff Engineer who wants to work alongside our senior staff to discover and find solutions to our hardest problems. The ideal person for this job is a generalist with a broad range of practical computer science knowledge, the ability to learn new technologies quickly, and the battle scars that come with years of experience in the industry.
What You’ll Like About Us
- We work on problems that affect the lives of real people. Our users depend on us to make positive changes to their health and their lives.
- We base our work on scientifically-proven, peer-reviewed methodologies that are designed by medical professionals
- We’re a respectful, diverse, and dynamic environment in which Engineering is a first-class citizen, and where you’ll be able to work on a variety of interesting problems that affect the lives of real people.
- We offer a generous budget for personal development expenses like training courses, mentorship, conferences, and books.
- You’ll get three weeks’ paid vacation and a flexible work policy that is remote- and family-friendly (about 50% of our engineering team is fully remote). We worry about results, not time spent in seats.
- Delicious (and nutritious) daily lunches and snacks prepared by Sam, our NYC office on-site chef.
What We’ll Like About You
- You have experience leading initiatives and working with multiple stakeholders on strategic projects that require definition in addition to execution. We want to trust you to not only figure out the answer to existential technological questions for the whole organization, but also to help us find those questions that we have not yet thought about!
- You are ready to work cross-functionally across multiple products and engineering teams to drive solutions that bring strategic benefits to all of Noom.
- You are driven by metrics and data.
- You are not afraid of failure, and instead anticipate it and minimize it.
- You possess excellent communication skills and the ability to clearly communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- You have a proven track record of building complex technology and guiding less senior members of the team to create code that is well-organized, easy to read and maintain, and optimized for its intended purpose
About Noom Inc.
We work with customers across the globe to help them create healthier habits, reduce their risk of chronic health problems, reverse disease, and foster healthier relationships with themselves in the process.
We believe the best way to attract people to a healthier lifestyle is to develop products that make that lifestyle more enjoyable.
If there's one thing we love, it's learning! Regular conversations with your mentor and team meetings give you the chance to ask questions, discuss challenges, attend conferences and training courses, and evaluate your own progress. We thrive on continuous, honest feedback and transparency to help in everyone's personal and professional development.
- iOS Development
- Apache Spark
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.