Noyo is building the digital infrastructure to bring health insurance into the modern era. With Noyo, benefits software companies can quickly and securely trade data with health insurance plans without building an in-house system from scratch.
Like Stripe in payments and Plaid in financial services, we develop modern infrastructure to support a new generation of consumer health insurance experiences. Our powerful API platform enables faster, more accurate data exchange between for all types of health experiences.
We are a rapidly-growing Series A startup that has raised more than $16M from the best investors in Silicon Valley, and we are building a team of ambitious and creative people looking to change the face of healthcare.
Noyo is a distributed company with teammates all across the United States. We have offices in San Francisco and Raleigh-Durham.
About The Role
APIs are the foundation of everything we do here at Noyo. As an API engineer, you will be tackling some of our most fundamental and challenging problems in an exciting and collaborative environment. As an early member of our engineering team, you will have the opportunity to make significant contributions and to help shape Noyo’s product and culture.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with the founding team to design and build best-in-class APIs with an emphasis on usability and performance
- Work with the engineering team to develop scalable infrastructure using modern tooling and best practices
- Work across back-end, database, security, and infrastructure
- Ensure the platform is highly scalable and secure
- Maintain high engineering standards for system design, code quality, and communication
- Help shape the culture and processes of the engineering team
What We're Looking For
- Experience working with modern web technologies to build well-architected services with great APIs
- We program mostly in Python, but if you have experience working with any modern web framework you could be a great fit
- We deploy our service-oriented infrastructure using a combination of containerization and serverless technologies. You should have experience working with technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience managing a CI/CD pipeline, along with logging and monitoring a production environment
- Ability to recognize trade-offs and choose the right technology for the job
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant professional experience
- Bonus if you have a background with enterprise-grade security and HIPAA compliance
What You'll Love About Noyo
- You will work on innovative technology that positively impacts everyday people
- You will be challenged technically and work with a team that prioritizes career growth
- You will collaborate with an ambitious and motivated team who are aligned around a driving mission - use technology to make the insurance industry better for everyone
For too long, the insurance industry has been stuck on dated, custom-coded files, paper processes, and other legacy tech. Noyo is creating the building blocks for modern, dynamic benefits experiences, and new tooling to improve accuracy and transparency when managing insurance data. Everything we engineer is built with scalability and flexibility in mind–we’re bringing the age of connected insurance to everyone.
We are delightfully unique, heavily opinionated individuals. These are the qualities that bind us.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.