- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Ruby on Rails
Omada Health is on a mission to inspire and enable people everywhere to live free of chronic disease.
We are a San Francisco-based healthcare and technology company, and are looking for experienced software engineers to join our growing team.
If you're ready to guide technical decision-making and work hands-on with some of the best engineers in the health industry, this is the job for you. Our core product includes several web apps built in Ruby on Rails, an iOS app written in Swift/Objective-C, and an Android app written in Java.
We value sustainable engineering practices: We work together using pair programming, test-driven development, and constant collaboration. As a key member of our engineering team, you will help design, build, and maintain systems necessary to continue our rapid growth. You should be motivated to learn new technologies and be ready to drive technical work.
How you can make an impact:
- Make a positive impact on the health outcomes and happiness of participants
- Solve big problems to improve participant outcomes including building customized interventions, making data actionable for users, and scaling the system
- Solve big problems to improve the operations behind Omada's behavior change program including building systems to interface with the health care system
- Drive engineering efforts and partner with product owners to create technical requirements
- Work in an agile, test-driven, pair programming environment
- Train and collaborate with newer developers in how to write great code and solve problems effectively
- Research and adapt new technologies
What you need for this role:
- 2+ years of experience building consumer web applications or B2B services in a team setting
- Ability to mentor and help the group act as a team
- Strong technical responsibility over the products you work on and the codebases you maintain
- Solid Ruby on Rails skills or deep experience with other web frameworks
- Database experience (we use PostgreSQL)
- Strong OO design skills and an understanding of design patterns
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity, positive attitude, and a desire to influence the products being built
Technologies we use:
What you’ll get from us:
- Competitive salary
- Stock options + extended post termination option exercise window (for Omadans who are with us 3 years or more)
- Flexible vacation
- Parental leave
- Health, dental, and vision
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Annual budget for personal development and/or conferences
- Healthy snacks and meals
- Weekly tech talks
- Wellness events (e.g. running club)
- Community volunteering
About Omada Health: We’ve pioneered digital behavioral medicine: an innovative approach to tackling the growing epidemic of type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and obesity. Our online programs combine world-class science, technology, and design to inspire and enable people everywhere to live free of chronic disease. Named one of Fast Company’s “50 Most Innovative Companies in the World,” our team includes passionate and talented individuals. Our approach has been embraced by major employers across the country, including Costco and Iron Mountain, as well as leading health plans, such as Kaiser Permanente and BlueCross Blue Shield of Louisiana.
We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and ways of thinking. We strive to build an inclusive culture where differences are celebrated and leveraged to inform better design and business decisions. Omada is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.
About Omada Health
Omada Health is a mission-driven company focused on stopping the spread of chronic disease, which for the first time in human history is killing more people than infectious illnesses. In fact, chronic conditions will affect most of us directly or indirectly at some point in our lifetime with 84 million adults currently living with pre-diabetes.
We’ve assembled a diverse team, combining medical research, health coaching, software, data science and design to create a behavior-transforming program for at-risk individuals. Our flagship product is a 16-week online health program that's been proven to help manage and reverse chronic diseases such as diabetes. To further serve our Company's mission, we are expanding into other chronic diseases and mental health.
Our engineering teams emphasize extreme programming and test driven development to drive our software development process.
Participants first. Empower partners. Swing big. Hustle smart. Grow together. Hustle smart.
Our culture can be summed up by our 6 values above. They guide the way we work and make decisions every day.
- Ruby on Rails
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.